American Choppers Discovery Channel

tarheelmm

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2002
Has anyone seen the series American Chopper on the Discovery channel? Those guys are funny as hell while trying to build bikes. Awesome bikes also This is the link to the website. All hand built, incredible

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
One of my favorite shows on TV right now... along with 24 and Lucky.... these guys are great :)

-Bubbadu

JC

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
It was hilarious when Dad got his SUV stuck....son hooks up to it, "OK, I'm gonna go real slow".....NOT! Off with the bumper :D

The kid does some really nice work, without the Jesse James 'tude
rolleye.gif

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by: JC
It was hilarious when Dad got his SUV stuck....son hooks up to it, "OK, I'm gonna go real slow".....NOT! Off with the bumper :D

The kid does some really nice work, without the Jesse James 'tude
rolleye.gif

HAHA that was great. I wasn't even into motorcycles into i saw the show.... Pauly Jr. does some incredable work. The amount of pressure that he's under is pretty nuts though. Everyone should watch this show!

-Bubbadu

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
I like this show too. Dad is a real hard ass but he built that business and knows what it takes to keep it successful. His son is a dork, he does nice work but what moron hoist not one but two bikes on a lift and have BOTH fall off!!!!! :disgust:

I would love to just ride one of those choppers just once.

Shooters

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2000
I happen to come across it when I was channel surfing a few weeks ago. Now I make it a point to watch it, great show.

styrafoam

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002
I like the show too, but it seems like they create tension for the sake of being interesting. Last week the dad was flipping out over the phone, maybe it was editing but he was truely losing it. Then he tells his son " We gotta get someone to answer these phones, I'm going crazy here."

luckydragon

Golden Member
Oct 12, 1999
i really think the black widow and the bike they featured past two episodes are just amazing looking. his bikes are way better looking than what jesse james does from what i've seen on the discovery channel

The Dancing Peacock

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
yea, I remember seeing them when they were just doing specials on choppers in general. It does seem like there is unnatural tension, or the dad is just that impatient and crazy. I like his desgins, but the ghey neon on the black widow and the race car bikes have to go.

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
It is a pretty good show, but I do think Dad is playing up a bit to the cameras with his attitude.

Mallow

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2001
You talking about the Orange County Choppers people? They are hilarious and fun to watch. That guy can fabricate like nobodies business!

krisoto

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2000
i would like to bump this thread, i love the show. even though i'm not a biker but the way they built it from scratch, it was incredible and interesting. KUDOS

Hector13

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2000
I've only seen a couple episodes, but do they go back on forth between west coast choppers (?) w/ jessie james and the orange county choppers? I saw an episode a couple weeks back with J. James going to the bike show in floriday, and then in an episode I saw today, the orange county people were talking about an upcoming show in florida. Are both shows being filmed at the same time?

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by: krisoto
i would like to bump this thread, i love the show. even though i'm not a biker but the way they built it from scratch, it was incredible and interesting. KUDOS

Just got done watching the FDNY bike show and damn that bike looked amazing.... before the show began I had no real interest in motocycles, but these guys have changed my mind completely.. American Choppers is a perfect blend of humor and design :)

-Bubbadu

Supermercado

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Had never heard of the show before I happened to catch it tonight. Good stuff. I'll definitely watch it again.

Instan00dles

Golden Member
Jun 15, 2001
I like the show cause it is cool to see what you can really make by hand but I think they are the ulgiest bikes EVER! an amazing amount of craftmanship but ugly bikes.

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by: uncJIGGA
"DON'T PRY AGAINST CHROME!!!" :Q

All time great Paul Sr. moments

-Him slamming his boot against a bagel in a fit or rage
-Lighting that behive on fire :Q

There are countless others to list... what a great man.

-Bubbadu

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by: mAdD INDIAN
When does the show come on? Do we get in Canada?

Its monday nights at 10pm est... not sure about canada or when it replays... there is a new esposode next week though :)

-Bubbadu

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: bubbadu
Originally posted by: mAdD INDIAN
When does the show come on? Do we get in Canada?

Its monday nights at 10pm est... not sure about canada or when it replays... there is a new esposode next week though :)

-Bubbadu

Thanks!