American children are using Trump's words to bully classmates, report finds

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I remember when in the time before Trump when kids were not cruel to one another and were always sweet and kind.
Well, sarcastic, they weren't as vulgar and unconscionable as they are now. They get it from the top. They think it's cool to be crass.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Well, sarcastic, they weren't as vulgar and unsconscionable as they are now.

Now now, you're ignoring geeks childhood, where racism and xenophobia were totes ok. He just wants to get to those good ole days and MAGA

Nov 29, 2006
I also disagree with that statement and think it is wrong.

Do you think soulcougher73 is OK to suggest killing people?

Well i did say "legally", meaning the laws changed in my hypothetical and its now ok to do so. Yes, i just joking, but its also along the lines of how long do you "not tolerate the intolerant" before something happens.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I remember when in the time before Trump when kids were not cruel to one another and were always sweet and kind.
Name one other President who encouraged school kids to be racist bullies? Were minority kids atacking white kids during Obama's term using Obama's words as fodder? Try actually reading the OP. I acknowledged kids can be dicks but white kids are taking Trump's words as a license to hate on minorities. What an example your guy is setting.

You keep making excuses for Trump's racism when even school kids can see it.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
If you listen to Trumptards, Dear Leader has nothing to do with this. Yes kids can be shits but they are being encouraged to be racists dirtbags just like Donnie.
Its not Donald.
Its Fox News and the tens of millions of americans that watch it constantly. many of those people have kids. those kids are now assholes.
Our country is in deep trouble. And its not because of the RNC, its because of Rupert Murdoch.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I also remember a time when kids were still cruel but they did say things like -- Go back to your country.....
But I totally disagree with you when you say whatabout when Obama was president? That is what you meant but you were try to be cute......we are on to you!

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Evangelicals saying they aren’t voting for the Pope. Yup what a great person to look up to.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I also remember a time when kids were still cruel but they did say things like -- Go back to your country.....
But I totally disagree with you when you say whatabout when Obama was president? That is what you meant but you were try to be cute......we are on to you!

When did I say that?

Right I didn't. Have you been taking lessons from Adam Schiff?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
It is very obvious what you meant! How can you possibly deny it?
Like I said -- We are on to you...

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005

Edit: In before the BOTHSIDES LEFTY BEAT UP A KID IN NEW HAMPSHIRE!!
If we are going to blame leaders for creating the atmosphere that empowers people to act out in ways they normally wouldn't.

For seven years the Bush administration tried to make good on its promise to draft legislation that would guarantee the unfettered movement of cheap Mexican labor into the United States and to secure it through routes to American citizenship.

Origins: The above-displayed image of a Mexican national flag flown above an upside-down U.S. flag was taken on 27 March 2006 at Montebello High School (MHS) in California during a student protest over immigration reform. According to news reports, the flag incident was prompted and implemented not by MHS students, but by a large group of students from neighboring schools:

mexicoflag.jpg

Don't expect the anger you have created and the precedent set to now magically disappear when the people get fed up and put someone in power based on the anger and frustration caused by the establishment using illegal immigration and cheap labor to subsidize the rich at the expense of the middle class,

just remember what a famous president once said.

Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.” – President Obama to House Republican Whip Eric Cantor, January 23, 2009.

Reactions: pcgeek11

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
@pcgeek11

I'm sad for you that you're evidently unable to maintain the moral high ground on a point as basic as being against promoting murder. Partisanship does your humanity no favours whatsoever, it only costs you.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
When did I say that?

Right I didn't. Have you been taking lessons from Adam Schiff?
Nice job not answering direct questions about the topic? As usual your insight is enlightening. You M.O. is glaring by always defending Trump's racism as you are doing here. The OP already stated kids can be cruel yet you used that to defend his behavior.

Last edited:

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
@pcgeek11

I'm sad for you that you're evidently unable to maintain the moral high ground on a point as basic as being against promoting murder. Partisanship does your humanity no favours whatsoever, it only costs you.

You obviously cannot read my post without interjecting your bias.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Nice job not answering direct questions about the topic? As usual your insight is enlightening. You M.O. is glaring by always defending Trump's racism as you are doing here. The OP already stated kids can be cruel yet you used that to defend his behavior.

I never mentioned Trump in this thread or defended him in this thread.
Just because kids are cruel as they always have been doesn't tie back to Trump. But of course everything you think is bad Always ties back to Trump.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Wow, let's just break this post down

I never mentioned Trump in this thread or defended him in this thread.

Of course you didn't, even though the thread is about research done revealing Trump's rhetoric fueling racist incidents. Why wouldn't you address the topic? Hmmm

Just because kids are cruel as they always have been doesn't tie back to Trump.

Maybe read the article sometime.

But of course everything you think is bad Always ties back to Trump.

So you don't think racist fueled attacks where the attackers use the same words as the POTUS are bad?

Well, I'm just shocked by that.

Again, read the article and tell us why they're wrong.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Wow, let's just break this post down

Of course you didn't, even though the thread is about research done revealing Trump's rhetoric fueling racist incidents. Why wouldn't you address the topic? Hmmm

Maybe read the article sometime.

So you don't think racist fueled attacks where the attackers use the same words as the POTUS are bad?

Well, I'm just shocked by that.

I never said kids being cruel wasn't bad.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Point out in this thread where I defended Trump.
I never said kids being cruel wasn't bad.

Your posts seem to say otherwise. So if you're not defending Trump, and you think racistly cruel child is not good, why did you spend the thread trying to do just defend it?

If you disagree with the findings of the article, you should just say that and be done. Be specific about what your disagree with.

Otherwise, your dishonest tap dance, while mildly amusing and expected, is just wasting your time.

Reactions: Victorian Gray

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Your posts seem to say otherwise. So if you're not defending Trump, and you think racistly cruel child is not good, why did you spend the thread trying to do just defend it?

If you disagree with the findings of the article, you should just say that and be done. Be specific about what your disagree with.

Otherwise, your dishonest tap dance, while mildly amusing and expected, is just wasting your time.

It is a stretch to say child cruelty = Trumps fault. Children have always been cruel.

Better than your bias that: Everything bad = Trump.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
It is a stretch to say child cruelty = Trumps fault. Children have always been cruel.

Your reading comprehension problem is not the article authors problem.

Better than your bias that: Everything bad = Trump.

It's true that Trump couldn't be more representing of what I don't support. It's also true that conservatives used to claim the same. Lastly, it's true that you're wrong, and that Trump hasn't really done anything that I consider wholly good. If and when he does, I'll say it.

These seem to be your failings, and your feels.