American children are using Trump's words to bully classmates, report finds

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Guess you don't. If you do, you may want to start with any conservative people groups, as they're #1 in violence against others, both here domestically and around the world.

Oh! A dodge and a weave. Man you have the moves today.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Aww, good geek, must've forgot your tap dance shoes today

Numbers don't lie bruh.

So you think it's OK to advocate murder as long as it is a left leaner doing it?

I don't think it's OK to an individual murder anyone or advocate for it.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
So you think it's OK to advocate murder as long as it is a left leaner doing it?

Sure you dont. You've been trustworthy in the past, I'm sure to take your word for it.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
This is horrible, but everyone should have seen this coming
I have been appalled by his egregiously vile rhetoric from the beginning, thinking "what kind of example is that for the youth and developing in America?" That should be solidly framed for the electorate by November.

Reactions: SterlingElle

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Sure you dont. You've been trustworthy in the past, I'm sure to take your word for it.

No matter what I say all you do is smear it... Even when we agree on something, you just accuse me of lying. Meh.

Typical of you and yours.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
The newspaper analysed 28,000 articles starting from the beginning of 2016 for its research relating to bullying in the classroom. It found Mr Trump's words, chants at his campaign rallies, and even his last name were used by students and staff members to harass other people in more than 300 reported incidents.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Bullying incidents cited by the Post in connection with Mr. Trump's rhetoric included what Cielo Castor, a Mexican American college student, experienced when attending Kamiakin High in Kennewick, Washington.

Ms Castor told the publication she felt personally bullied by classmates after she expressed her disapproval for the president, which influenced one student to refuse to sit next to her during class.

Then at a football game students unrolled a "Make America Great Again" flag and chanted "Build The Wall" from the stadium. Hispanic students at Ms Castor's school organised a walkout in protest against the racial problems exhibited by classmates. During the walkout, Ms Castor walked by a white male student who said: "Look, it's one of those f***ing Mexicans."

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Another bullying incident occurred in June 2019 in New Jersey when a 13-year-old boy told his Mexican American classmate, 12, that "all Mexicans should go back behind the wall". The classmate's mother approached the bully the next day about his comment and was beaten unconscious by the child.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I'm laughing at you twisting and avoiding the question I asked.

I vote with my opinion, just like you. Deal with it

One incident happened at a high school in Shakopee, Minnesota, where boys in Donald Trump shirts swarmed a black teenage girl and sang The Star-Spangled Banner. But instead of singing the correct lyrics, they replaced the closing line with "and home of the slaves".

While on a school bus in San Antonio, Texas, a white eighth grader told a Filipino classmate, "You are going to be deported." A black classmate in Brea, California, was told by a white eighth grader, "Now that Trump won, you're going to have to go back to Africa, where you belong.”

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I remember when in the time before Trump when kids were not cruel to one another and were always sweet and kind.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

Yet you voted for a person who casually suggested it as a means of indicating the zealotry of his supporters, and by voting for him, you proved his point.

Then you think you're principled enough to question the morality of what other people say!

For the record though, so it doesn't seem like I'm criticising only one side's comments, I don't think what soulcougher73 said was cool. However I doubt that his comments were meant in complete seriousness. One might then argue that neither was Trump's 'Fifth Avenue' comment, to which I'd respond by saying that some nobody on the Internet making a not particularly serious yet still off-colour comment has very little impact in the grand scheme of things therefore overall isn't particularly serious or significant, but a presidential candidate saying such things is particularly serious and significant, and on the weight of such a comment alone would be enough for someone of my principles to absolutely not vote for them.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Yet you voted for a person who casually suggested it as a means of indicating the zealotry of his supporters, and by voting for him, you proved his point.

Then you think you're principled enough to question the morality of what other people say!

I also disagree with that statement and think it is wrong.

Do you think soulcougher73 is OK to suggest killing people?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

This mentality is built into the 'Murican right.