American Airlines now charging $15 for 1 bag

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: bamacre

Oh for Christ's sake. :roll:

Why do you find this surprising? Fucking cattle line up before the TSA "security" and pretend that they are being "kept safe" by people who merely say they know what they are doing.

I fly often, about once a month, if not more, and I am irate at the TSA "security" every fucking time.

If this country had even half the testosterone the people had in 1776 we'd not even entertain the idea that we need to be "protected" by the people in our government who can't even run a fucking company, let alone be able to keep their families together, their dicks out of everything that walks, or raise normal kids.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Originally posted by: LegendKiller

Why do you find this surprising? Fucking cattle line up before the TSA "security" and pretend that they are being "kept safe" by people who merely say they know what they are doing.

I fly often, about once a month, if not more, and I am irate at the TSA "security" every fucking time.

If this country had even half the testosterone the people had in 1776 we'd not even entertain the idea that we need to be "protected" by the people in our government who can't even run a fucking company, let alone be able to keep their families together, their dicks out of everything that walks, or raise normal kids.

:thumbsup:

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

No shit. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

What's next? FoxNews being broadcast during all flights? Dick Cheney Ticket Approval Fee?

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

No shit. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

What's next? FoxNews being broadcast during all flights?

What's next? They'll be blaring the national anthem while forcing us into full body cavity strip searches.

It's amazing how much of a pant-pissing country we've become. Pussies like the guy from the thread to thought that the government can keep us safe shows that.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Speaking of TSA, how come first class people get to short cut the lines? Don't they pay exactly the same security fees as the people in coach? That always pisses me off, the empty fucking line for first class, while I have to wait 20 minutes in the "poor" people's line. TSA is such a fucking joke.

babylon5

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2000
The fact Americans don't question how TSA makes us any more safer than using private contractors before, tell you something about the state of Americans mentality today.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Why do you hate America so much? Why do you hate capitalism so much? You wanted a nanny state - this is what you got.

I'm not trolling, but why is this so much of a rub to people? This is what you want. I can understand the rub, it's bullshit. But this is what America is all about if you keep voting democrats.

Rio Rebel

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: spidey07
Why do you hate America so much? Why do you hate capitalism so much? You wanted a nanny state - this is what you got.

I'm not trolling, but why is this so much of a rub to people? This is what you want. I can understand the rub, it's bullshit. But this is what America is all about if you keep voting democrats.

After 7 years of Bush and the War on Intellect, you blame the democrats for this?

Jackass.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
I guess we expect AA to take the gas increase hike in the nuts and have them pick up the extra cost. They need to remain profitable, and this is just one way of doing so. What else can they do but raise prices?

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: spittledip
I guess we expect AA to take the gas increase hike in the nuts and have them pick up the extra cost. They need to remain profitable, and this is just one way of doing so. What else can they do but raise prices?

Yeah, I guess the workers out there should raise their wages too....

Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: BoberFett

Don't like it? Don't do business with them.

Easier said than done because air travel is not a good example of perfect competition. If you go to the main airport at most big cities you might notice that one carrier in particular tends to dominate it because of the hub system.

Oct 30, 2004

Maybe we'd also have better politicians; those who engaged in corruption could find themselves tarred and feathered otherwise.

Oct 30, 2004

It's amazing how much of a pant-pissing country we've become. Pussies like the guy from the thread to thought that the government can keep us safe shows that.

By implication, you make it sound as though you have a better idea for keeping terrorists from blowing up airplanes. What is it? Would you be willing to come out and say, "no more Muslims or people of Arab or Middle Eastern descent will be allowed to enter the United States and we're going to expel those who are not currently American citizens"?

aldamon

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by: spittledip

Do you expect the fee to disappear if the price of gas tanks? Of course not. Just like we're still going to be paying the September 11 fee in 2031.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: WhipperSnapper
Originally posted by: BoberFett

Don't like it? Don't do business with them.

Easier said than done because air travel is not a good example of perfect competition. If you go to the main airport at most big cities you might notice that one carrier in particular tends to dominate it because of the hub system.

Then drive. Take a train. A bus.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: spidey07

Sorry but you don't get to blame 7 1/2 years of GWB&Co's fear mongering on the Dems. Epic fail. :thumbsdown:

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
In 2006 I flew from Manila through Hong Kong on the way back to the states (LAX). Not only did they restrict liquids getting through security at the gate. They wouldn't allow items purchased *in the gate* on the plane. That's right. The bottle of water/tea/soda purchased at the store that's beyond the security check was not allowed on the plane. I think it was 14 1/2 hours travel time relying on coach class service on a packed air bus. This was US regulation - not Hong Kong.