AMEN, brother!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
HomerJS are you going to return to the stand your ground thread you made or just hope it quietly falls away because you trolled yourself?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
BS. All you turds come off as nothing but racist imho with all your spewing crap.
If anything our President was trying to calm people who across this country who are very uspet by all of this.

It would be very unnusual if our First Black President didn't come out and speak about what happened, and he did not come off decisive in any way. Everyone of you (Not just Angry Irishman) come off so hateful and condescending it makes someone like me who is white and old absolutely feel disgusted by those who pretend not to be racist yet so clearly are.

I am sick and tired of those who clearly are not black who have not walked in a black persons shoes to show so little empathy and carry on like they are not stirring the pot just as much on the whole race issue.

Like I said it's like rule 34. Everything can be made into race.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
BS. All you turds come off as nothing but racist imho with all your spewing crap.
If anything our President was trying to calm people who across this country who are very uspet by all of this.

It would be very unnusual if our First Black President didn't come out and speak about what happened, and he did not come off decisive in any way. Everyone of you (Not just Angry Irishman) come off so hateful and condescending it makes someone like me who is white and old absolutely feel disgusted by those who pretend not to be racist yet so clearly are.

I am sick and tired of those who clearly are not black who have not walked in a black persons shoes to show so little empathy and carry on like they are not stirring the pot just as much on the whole race issue.
Still searching the globe tirelessly for racists are we? I bet you're glad you weren't able to find somebody to bet after all:

http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=35255753&postcount=43

Still, it didn't stop you from inferring what our biases and fears may be. I now have to wonder what yours are.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Maybe you're too stupid to understand what the president was trying to say? He wasn't talking to black America, he was talking to white America about why black America feels the way they do.

They feel like their 17 year old males should get away with Aggravated Assault and Battery. That is not a position we can tolerate. They want to crucify an innocent person who had to defend himself. That is abhorrent.

That they stand by a violent drug ridden thug is a call to war.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
TM never stood trial, never was afforded a defense, and was never charged let alone convicted of anything as an outcome of the events. GZ's acquittal doe not change this.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Can't someone be followed without being because they are black?

I am sure you have never experienced being followed or watched closely in a store. I know several people who have. You can't tell me THAT isn't about race, because I've SEEN it happen to people.

So sure, somebody can be followed without it being because they're black...but that doesn't mean that black people aren't ever followed or watched because they are black.

They feel like their 17 year old males should get away with Aggravated Assault and Battery. That is not a position we can tolerate. They want to crucify an innocent person who had to defend himself. That is abhorrent.

So to answer his question....no .You either haven't heard Obama's speech or you don't understand English very well.

I teach my kids to not fight for some bullshit. You never know what could happen when you get into a fight.

I'll teach my kids the same. If someone is following you at night trying to confront you, don't fight for some bullshit. You may or may not get raped or robbed, but you sure as hell don't want to get shot if you decide to start fighting. I'll keep that in mind too when I am walking around Campus after dark.

tsk.

Last edited:

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
People are too quick to call each other racist.

If you don't like the President usurping the credibility of the courts by injecting himself into a criminal case REPEATEDLY, sympathizing with people who are obviously very wrong, and giving said wrong people false hope for a civil rights witch hunt...You are not racist for feeling so.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Aw... Just because a paper was signed in the 1960's by a sitting president LBJ, doesn't mean the issue of race... like... "went away".
I see it every day. Just open your eyes, maybe?

Earlier this year a black middle aged custodian employed by the company where I work, a very white faced company btw, was qualified and applied for an transfer for an opening in the credit card dept. Currently 100% staffed with middle aged over weight married with children white women.

This black custodian fellow was quite qualified, having worked in credit and financing before for past companies.

Application: TURNED DOWN.

Then shortly after, the department haired yet another over weight married with children middle aged white woman for the position from the outside.

Months later, we heard what had actually happened up there in the credit card dept.
When the women in the department found out the black guy was interested in transferring, these over weight married with children middle aged white women shit a brick.

No way did or could any of the women accept the possibility in dealing with a black faced middle aged black man in their department. And they made that point quite crystal clear to the department head in charge of hiring. Several women threatened to quit if the black guy were allowed to transfer into their department.

And so, his dream of advancing was never realized.
He remains an custodian yet today for the company.

And THAT, people, is the harsh reality of race relations in America today. PERIOD!
Like old Clint Eastwood once said in a movie, don't piss down my neck and tell me its raining.

I might add, in a company employing well over 5000 people, less than 1% are black.
And of that under 1%, all that are black raced work in either custodian services or other low paying entry lever type positing.
If I named this company, you would have heard of it.
They are midwest headquartered and well known nationwide.

Never, not once has one single black man or woman been employed in anything near executive level positioning. That would include all data services, credit card services, or any department falling under the category of management.
Company employees falling under management alone number well over 500.
Exactly -ZERO- African-Americans are now, or have ever held positions within the company falling under management. Not one single time.

And this being a right to work state, helps the company get away with this equal opportunity employment discrepancy.
Yes, they employ blacks. Just enough to keep the state looking the other way.
And considering all those positions are considered low pay dead end go nowhere entry level type jobs.
Like the Church Lady would say on SNL, "Isn't That Special".
Gee... I just can not imagine not one black man or woman having never qualified for one considered management position within the entire history of the company.
But that is the fact.
Golly gee wiz. Isn't that special...

So the president dividing a nation? How can one divide a division?

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
... If he is qualified for an office position why doesn't he apply at a different company?

I don't know many who scrub toilets for fun.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Does our dear leader make any mention to the fact of Martin beating the shit out of Zimmerman?

Martin will not be portrayed as anything more than the angelic 12 year old that media made him into, so stop asking real questions.

As far as that crock of shit the OP is calling a "speech" ...

Obama said:
And for those who resist that idea that we should think about something like these "stand your ground" laws, I'd just ask people to consider, if Trayvon Martin was of age and armed, could he have stood his ground on that sidewalk? And do we actually think that he would have been justified in shooting Mr. Zimmerman who had followed him in a car because he felt threatened? And if the answer to that question is at least ambiguous, then it seems to me that we might want to examine those kinds of laws.

Could he have "stood his ground" against what? Someone following him? No, Someone asking him what he is doing there that night? No. No Mr. President, you can't "stand your ground" because some creepy ass cracka is dis ya bru.

What a stupid thing for Obama to say, I mean really, wtf was he thinking?

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010

I'm racist and apparently a turd...really?

He's the President and American first and foremost before he's a black man. I'm not really sure where I'm coming off as hateful and condescending by expecting the POTUS to act and speak objectively and practice better judgement given his position and influence. Not only is he making poor choices with his commentary but he is also attempting to politicize a tragic situation to his own ends.

It's a tragedy what happened to that kid but to be sure it's no more of a tragedy than all the people killed on any given day. My reference to Chicago is a great example. Where is all the outrage about that?

This situation is just like the gun control efforts...all emotion and no logic. BTW, racism goes both ways as mildly shown in your post. You have no idea what the color of my skin is; you're making assumptions based on a forum post.

Last edited:

frowertr

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2010
Maybe you're too stupid to understand what the president was trying to say? He wasn't talking to black America, he was talking to white America about why black America feels the way they do. Being treated like you're a criminal when you're just walking down the street is frustrating and can make people angry. TM's experience was what many blacks go through. This is not difficult to understand. If you want to dismiss it because you don't want to think about it then that's your problem. But bitching about BET and Black History Month and the Essence Awards as if those cancel out the daily racism that black men face is just you being you.

Oh, give me a break. You don't think some in black America love to play the race card? Equality is here, man. Sure, of course racism still exists but it is the minority. It is so infinitesimally small that is hard to even measure. There are some in black America that will turn to playing the "race card" to get want they want no matter if it flies in the face of logic and common sense.

The "thug" was followed because he was acting like he was on drugs and wearing a hoodie looking suspicious in a neighborhood that had recent breakins. It doesn't take a genius to understand why he was followed by GZ.

The president was a fool (well he was already one before this comment) to make a statement like this. It only servers to divide and "fan the flames".

And yes, I think BET and all that bullshit specific to blacks is ridiculous. If whites had that crap we would be branded racist but it's ok for this country to have a double standard. Lets keep giving all the races reparations for sins committed by ancestors. It really seems to be working, huh??

frowertr

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2010

And I am sick and tired of blacks still complaining about racial inequality in the 21st century. What do you want us whites to do that they haven't yet? What more can we give the blacks? Because it seems some of them are greedy as shit and just keep asking for more and when they don't get it they claim racism.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Now that Obama has pronounced Zimmerman a racist and SYG laws too I wonder what happens next.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Now that Obama has pronounced Zimmerman a racist and SYG laws too I wonder what happens next.
I'm thinking a renewed sense of unity will swell up within the people of our nation and we'll all learn to live together in peace and harmony.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

That "innocent" person shadowed a teenager that was trying to find his way home. Zimmerman automatically assumed that TM was guilty of something and acted as such. Instead of approaching TM in a civil manner and asking him if he needed any help Zimmerman made bad assumptions that led to a deadly confrontation.

Maybe if you too are too dumb to understand that no one likes to be seen as a fucking villain ALL DAY EVERY DAY of their life then you need to shut up and try some analysis before commenting. Christ, how is this so difficult for people here to understand? Being constantly labelled as a bad person by society is what the president was describing. I understand this is politics and every asshole has their asshole opinion, but a little thought goes a long way in having some empathy with black males.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Given the timing and content of Obama's speech I think people pretending it is anything other than outright support for TM and a condemnation for GZ's racist ways is engaging in what is known as playing the fool.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Oh, give me a break. You don't think some in black America love to play the race card? Equality is here, man. Sure, of course racism still exists but it is the minority. It is so infinitesimally small that is hard to even measure. There are some in black America that will turn to playing the "race card" to get want they want no matter if it flies in the face of logic and common sense.

The "thug" was followed because he was acting like he was on drugs and wearing a hoodie looking suspicious in a neighborhood that had recent breakins. It doesn't take a genius to understand why he was followed by GZ.

The president was a fool (well he was already one before this comment) to make a statement like this. It only servers to divide and "fan the flames".

And yes, I think BET and all that bullshit specific to blacks is ridiculous. If whites had that crap we would be branded racist but it's ok for this country to have a double standard. Lets keep giving all the races reparations for sins committed by ancestors. It really seems to be working, huh??

Ahhh, keep talking. If you are having that hard of a problem understanding all the issues you've addressed and coming to these conclusions then I stand by my original assertion that you're simply too stupid. I live in NYC and sometimes I take the bus. If old white people are calling the president the N-word on a CITY bus in NYC then imagine what they're doing in other parts of the country. Oh, I don't know, maybe there's a movement out there labelling him foreign-born and un-American and whatnot. But I'm sure none of that has any basis on racism. I'm sure it's all based on the rational conclusion of many who have thought long and hard about his origins and decided that "he's just not one of us." Now, if this concerted effort to label the first black President of the United States as "unAmerican" is not racism that strikes a cord with more than a few Americans, then I don't know what is. And if many can challenge the authenticity of the president like that, imagine what they think about the others in the black community.

But I'm sure, as you say, it's an infinitesimally small minority:rolleyes:.

I understand this is a public forum and any asshole that's crawled from under a rock can register and make posts so long as they can understand the English language, but G-d damn it sucks to have to respond to such idiocy. The only saving grace is that you are posting in Politics & News and that gives others some leeway in calling you a fucking idiot.

Last edited:

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
This is all about not letting a crisis, even if it's based on lies and mistruths to go to waste.

Wow, Rahm Emanuel is soooooooo smart. He's like a genius. I wonder if he said the same thing to Bush after 9/11 or the Republicans after the Civil War. Or maybe he said it to Roosevelt after the Great Depression. That Rahm sure does get around:biggrin:

sourn

Dec 26, 2012
That "innocent" person shadowed a teenager that was trying to find his way home. Zimmerman automatically assumed that TM was guilty of something and acted as such. Instead of approaching TM in a civil manner and asking him if he needed any help Zimmerman made bad assumptions that led to a deadly confrontation.

Maybe if you too are too dumb to understand that no one likes to be seen as a fucking villain ALL DAY EVERY DAY of their life then you need to shut up and try some analysis before commenting. Christ, how is this so difficult for people here to understand? Being constantly labelled as a bad person by society is what the president was describing. I understand this is politics and every asshole has their asshole opinion, but a little thought goes a long way in having some empathy with black males.

Maybe if the fuckers didn't dress the part they wouldn't be considered that way you fucking loser. All these "thugs" want to bitch about being watched while wearing pants to their ankles and fake gold around there neck.

A white person would be looked and watched just the freaking same if he dressed like that. This shit doesn't just go one way, go work in a mainly black community see how you fair. Ya, bunch of fucking hippocrits.

Not to mention just because somebody is following me doesn't give me the right to beat the living hell out of them. Unless I'm actually you know threatened. As in "hey I'm gonna fuck you up".

O and before you play the race card with me, think again. I think you're all fucking retarded and I don't care what color you are.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Given the timing and content of Obama's speech I think people pretending it is anything other than outright support for TM and a condemnation for GZ's racist ways is engaging in what is known as playing the fool.

It's more complicated than that. On some things Obama was right. There needs to be support for black youths. That's needed badly. The huge problem was no suggestion that the black community or individuals be held accountable for their actions. Others are to blame. What a defeatist message.

Apr 27, 2012
HomerJS are you going to return to the stand your ground thread you made or just hope it quietly falls away because you trolled yourself?

Love how he ran away from the thread like the coward he is.

obama on this issue was right about some black men being viewed negatively in society such as being followed and asked what they're doing along with being pulled over by police. He was right that this does make them more suspicious and sensitive to this issue. He made some good points which weren't very divisive and were rational and sane for once.

But obama is still a moron and a piece of shit since from the start he injected race into this case and is willing to ruin the life of Zimmerman to score political points. Why doesn't he comment on all the other murders?

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Martin will not be portrayed as anything more than the angelic 12 year old that media made him into, so stop asking real questions.

Let's not forget the big deal they made back then about him just being an innocent kid wanting to get home with his Skittles.