News AMD's Q2 2022, yet another quarter of revenue growth

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
AMD s marketshare for Q2 2022.

The marketshare number for servers seems somewhat dubbious since AMD s sales, in value, for this segment amounted to roughly 30% of Intel s...

I believe the discrepancy comes because Mercury Research has no data for sales that happen direct from AMD. This would include hyperscalers, like Amazon and Microsoft, which is a market AMD currently has a much stronger presence in than classic enterprise sales.

Last edited:

KompuKare

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2009
AMD s marketshare for Q2 2022.

The marketshare number for servers seems somewhat dubbious since AMD s sales, in value, for this segment amounted to roughly 30% of Intel s...

In other words: Intel are willing to almost give their away chips to prevent AMD getting a critical Marketshare.

Which the reported figures for the last quarter sort of show, with Intel's server margins nosediving.

Reactions: Tlh97 and ftt

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
In other words: Intel are willing to almost give their away chips to prevent AMD getting a critical Marketshare.

Which the reported figures for the last quarter sort of show, with Intel's server margins nosediving.
Thats about all they are worth. How can they possibly compete with even Rome, let alone Milan, and now Genoa.

Reactions: Tlh97 and Drazick

Tuna-Fish

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2011

Might also be availability issues. A company I know just bought a whole bunch of Intel servers, even though Milan would have been clearly superior for their needs. The reason was simply that the promised timeline for delivery of Milan was too far out, and they needed to start replacing systems right away.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
Might also be availability issues. A company I know just bought a whole bunch of Intel servers, even though Milan would have been clearly superior for their needs. The reason was simply that the promised timeline for delivery of Milan was too far out, and they needed to start replacing systems right away.

Which is kind of amazing considering that alleged 20% cut in N6/N7.

Speaking of which... I think Mendocino might be a big part of that cut. With Chromebook fever kind of over for the time being, it's going to be a tough sell compared to Intel's Ultra Cheap 14 nm Atoms. And that doesn't even include Garbage Bin Tiger Lake or the ARM competition either.

Saylick

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2012
That's unfortunate for everyone involved, except for Intel. What did they purchase? Cascade Lake?

Vattila

Oct 22, 2004
Here is a nice graphic overview. AMD should adopt this in their financial presentations!

FdBfAGyakAEU5zZ