AMD YD150XBBAEBOX Ryzen 5 1500X Processor with Wraith Spire Cooler - $115.49 - Amazon [Dead]

jiffer

Sep 14, 2007
Out of curiosity, did anyone place an order at that time for that price and receive the wrong items? I ordered two processors and received two small padded envelopes with bar code labels that matched the UPC code for these processors. Inside the padded envelopes were two colored key tags. I contacted Amazon and they tried to replace them with two Ryzen 5 1600X boxed processors. (Not really what I wanted since they're 95W and don't include a CPU cooler.) The same thing happened again. Instead of receiving two processors, I received two small padded envelopes with two key tags inside them. I'm supposed to receive yet another replacement today. Does this happen very often?

• Wow
Reactions: DAPUNISHER

TechSerf

Mar 6, 2004
No, you are not alone. I ordered a single CPU and received a padded envelope as well that contained 4 board game playing type card instead of the processor. Contacted Amazon and still waiting on a refund as they were unable to replace it (or so they said, your experience says otherwise). As these were directly from Amazon.com and not a 3rd party supplier, I find it odd this happened.

• Wow
Reactions: DAPUNISHER

B-Riz

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2011
Yup, wrong item sent, so, it was returned Friday at Whole Foods.

But it wasn't a complete loss, I found out Whole Foods has amazing cherry pie. :laughing:

jiffer

Sep 14, 2007
No, you are not alone. I ordered a single CPU and received a padded envelope as well that contained 4 board game playing type card instead of the processor.
I received a total of four padded envelopes (two in place of the two Ryzen 5 1500X processors I ordered, two in place of the two Ryzen 5 1600X processors that were supposed to be sent as replacements). Three of them had two key tags inside, and one of them actually had four cards of some kind like you described. I don't know what those cards are, so I didn't bother to mention them.

Contacted Amazon and still waiting on a refund as they were unable to replace it (or so they said, your experience says otherwise).
They didn't seem to have any Ryzen 5 1500X processors in stock since they shipped key tags and cards in padded envelopes instead of the processors. They don't seem to have had any Ryzen 5 1600X processors in stock either, just the padded envelopes. The shipment I was supposed to receive yesterday (their second attempt to send me two Ryzen 5 1600X processors) was cancelled because they're out of stock. Maybe they realized they were about to send me padded envelopes with key tags again.