AMD stock price falls but INTC is up?

noxipoo

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2000
WHY!!! amd jsut posted good earnings and yet its the one that falls. god someone talk some sense into me so i don't crazy selling.

Killbat

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
I'm about sick of hearing all this "stock quote analysis" crap from gimpy tech-heads. :|

:)

noxipoo

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2000
this sucks, i bought a while back and is in the red. don't want to sell till my end of year but they keep losing money for me. :confused:

WoundedWallet

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
That's the kinda stuff that makes me believe in UFOs.

Here are two seemingly contradicting stories that could splain wtf is going on.

This one says that Intel is up because of AMD's good results.
Quicken.com

This one disputes AMD's good results.
Cnet.com

So who is stupider? The analysts with their out of the hat analysis? The investors because of their cluelessness? Or me for thinking that this whole thing should make some sense?

AMDJunkie

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 1999
I believe C|Net is in fact Intel property. Damn it, I just don't understand how a successful company would be of less value than a company in the same field which is unable to pull in a profit because of those mean Europeans.

goog40

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2000
It's simple:

Intel comes out with bad news which they claim affects all computer companies but really only affects the crappy ones in Europe(Dell, Intel,etc.)

---> Intel and AMD take a huge hit

AMD releases their earnings which beat forecasts and announce they have no problems in Europe and PC sales are not slowing down.

---> Intel goes up on this good news despite their announcement saying the opposite, while AMD sinks.

Everyone knows by now stock analysts are f#cking morons. MU destroys their earnings estimates and they go DOWN???

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
there really isn't any logic behind the stock market. It's almost completely irrational and emotion driven. I'm starting to think that the stock indexes are more an indication of the bulk of the investors "mood of the day", than anything truly business related.

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Put it this way, GTW and CPQ both use AMD chips for a good percentage of thier boxes, Dell doesnt use AMD at all, GTW and CPQ beat earnings DELL didnt, AMD beat earnings INTC barely beat lowered expectations, and the result has been AMD down INTC up........wierd.

SHUX

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
One possible reason.....a lot of reports show CPU demand to be on the decline in the upcoming years....that said, AMD=mainly CPU sales.....INTC=a whole multitude of products and growing every quarter.....that's what I'm being told.....just hang on to those AMD shares, I am, things have a way of equaling out in this game especially with a up and comer like AMD!:D