Feb 8, 2002

Article Number

RN-RAD-WIN-23-2-2

Highlights
  • Support for:
    • Atomic Heart™
    • Company of Heroes™ 3
Fixed Issues
  • Corruption may be briefly observed when moving Netflix video between displays or minimize-to-fullscreen on some AMD Products such as AMD Ryzen™ 7 6800U.
  • Maximum encode bitrate is limited to 100Mbps for certain applications.
  • AMD Bug Report Tool pop-up or system hang may be observed after driver upgrade on some hybrid graphics notebooks.
  • Application crash may be observed while playing Hitman 3™ with ray tracing settings enabled.
  • Valve Index® VR headset may show a blank screen with 144Hz refresh rate setting on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Certain videos played with Movies and TV may briefly show corruption when moving the window between displays on some AMD Graphics Products such as AMD Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
  • Situational performance drop may be observed in DirectX® 11 based games on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs using Ryzen™ processors.
Known Issues
  • High idle power has situationally been observed when using select high-resolution and high refresh rate displays on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Video stuttering or performance drop may be observed during gameplay plus video playback with some extended display configurations on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Application crash may be observed while opening Premium Gold Packs in EA SPORTS™ FIFA 23.
  • Some virtual reality games or apps may experience lower-than-expected performance on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Brief display corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
  • Metrics overlay may intermittently re-size to 50% after gameplay.
  • Corruption may be observed in Returnal™ in certain scenes with ray tracing enabled on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
Package Contents
AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.2.2 Driver Version 22.40.33.01 for Windows® 10 and Windows® 11 (Windows Driver Store Version 31.0.14033.1012).

Nov 26, 2005
Odd.. says it reduces stutter but I am noticing more. However I just downloaded and installed a windows optional update, and I'm on some new Beta bios..

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
Odd.. says it reduces stutter but I am noticing more. However I just downloaded and installed a windows optional update, and I'm on some new Beta bios..

I haven't played any games yet and I know for the games I play like FH5, Halo infinite and spider-man remastered its going to rebuild the cache on launch.

I won't be moving to that bios until its out of beta.

Reactions: Kaluan
Nov 26, 2005
I haven't played any games yet and I know for the games I play like FH5, Halo infinite and spider-man remastered its going to rebuild the cache on launch.

I won't be moving to that bios until its out of beta.

I rolled back to F36 and I still am noticing stutter so I'm going to pull my AMD card and install my Nvidia GPU and see if it has anything to do with the drivers.

Does stutter completely go away when the cache is built up and when should it be a noticeable difference.. I've only played a couple of CSGO maps

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
I rolled back to F36 and I still am noticing stutter so I'm going to pull my AMD card and install my Nvidia GPU and see if it has anything to do with the drivers.

Does stutter completely go away when the cache is built up and when should it be a noticeable difference.. I've only played a couple of CSGO maps

I would say put in a few mins into the game and if you didn't reboot after that windows update I would do that also.

Nov 26, 2005
Ran through Mirage and it felt smooth so I'm trying to run different maps to see if the caching stutter reveals itself again.. also trying some UT4

EDIT: first run of UT4 and it stuttered horribly.. so something is up/wrong/going on

Last edited:

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Going to try them for Atomic Heart, which runs smooth but freezes up occasionally. Fixing that won't stop me from uninstalling it but i digress.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Yeah, I see that these are available now, and the Radeon software update even tells me that an update is available! I can try them out soon.