AMD Site Leaked Millions of DiRT 3 Steam Keys

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Since I can pirate Dirt 3 anyway why should this matter?

Oh thats right, DRM stops piracy.
Rofl_3g.gif

Yup, scrape torrent says theres 20 thousand seeds and 15 thousand peers for what appears to be the hacked PC version.

Last edited:

blinblue

Jul 7, 2006
hmmm, I hope that list only contained unused Dirt 3 keys. I just redeemed mine a week or so ago, it better not just disappear from my steam list... Its a fun game, very satisfying with a G27

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
A game cannot disappear from your Steam list.
Sure it can
http://kotaku.com/5837468/whoops-3-million-copies-of-dirt-3-just-went-missing?tag=steam
While this might seem like an online looter's Christmas come early, there's a catch: the codes are Steam codes, meaning that should Codemasters (or Valve) decide to take action, all they'd need to do would be to go down the list and block the codes for the game. And that's a best-case scenario for "thieves", one that doesn't involve banning.
And i actually got a DiRT 3 code from AMD with my HIS HD 6770 that ABT is giving away to a forum member there
-- no idea if it is on the "stolen" list :p

Last edited:

micaturbo

Aug 21, 2004
Not to mention the people buying CD Keys from foreign sites who have their games removed after a few days.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
The list included the Steam key, the promo code and the GFWL key. So someone could easily take the promo code, go to the AMD4U website, enter the code, and look completely legit.

WT

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2000
Crap, and my 6950 gets delivered tomorrow, so I guess I'll sit on the Dirt 3 install until this fiasco is dealt with.

Also got Deus Ex:HR with it, but I heard there were problem with THAT key as well :(

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I actually had an online acquaintance offer me a key on Monday. I was curious how he got it, and then I saw this story on Kotaku on Tuesday. :hmm:

Crap, and my 6950 gets delivered tomorrow, so I guess I'll sit on the Dirt 3 install until this fiasco is dealt with.

Also got Deus Ex:HR with it, but I heard there were problem with THAT key as well :(

You'll have to since the AMD4U website is down.

WT

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2000
DRM and GFWL? They went all out in trying to keep paying customers from playing the game.

True. I have bought multiple copies of some games such as Company Of Heroes, then bought them on Steam as well. But I still shake my head when I see cracked versions of the game that have less problems at times compared to my paid for (2x over) purchased copy.
:thumbsdown:

DRM + GfWL ?? The kiss of death. Why not just invalidate all CD keys once a week and make paying customers re-validate to really push home your point.