AMD Ryzen 3000 Builders Thread

Page 104 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
If I were building a secondary system, say for my wife, I’d be okay with a b450, so long as it had built in WiFi. I don’t overclock her systems. I found the two hexadecimal diagnostic LEDs to be less useful than I thought they’d be. The four boot LEDs are enough, IMO.

Nice, i did not realize the boot LED's were on the Tomahawk. Agreed i do not need the hexadecimal LED. This makes the decision easier to say get the Tomahawk MAX. Thanks for pointing that out!

MSi and all manufacturers should call out the boot LED's on their products. I did not see it on the product page, i only see it in the manual.

Reactions: Ajay

YBS1

Golden Member
May 14, 2000
Unfortunately, its not working for me yet. The sensors are working, but I can’t set a fan profile :(
Not working for me either on the Aqua, the sensors are picking up temperatures but not fan speeds. Looks like a nice little app for those who can use it though.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Not working for me either on the Aqua, the sensors are picking up temperatures but not fan speeds. Looks like a nice little app for those who can use it though.
I wish he had started his own branch on GitHub so I could pull down the source and try to fix it for my own system. I may need to sign up on the LTT forum to talk to him - he seems most active there.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Gah, I can’t get into the bios, all I did last time was change the fan profiles. It boots straight to Windows. BwaHahahahahahaha, I think a bought the wrong motherboard :(

Edit: Had to clear cmos again. Man, this is the touchiest system I’ve ever built.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Gah, I can’t get into the bios, all I did last time was change the fan profiles. It boots straight to Windows. BwaHahahahahahaha, I think a bought the wrong motherboard :(

Edit: Had to clear cmos again. Man, this is the touchiest system I’ve ever built.

Never turn on quickboot

Det0x

Golden Member
Sep 11, 2014
Some tighter 24/7 settings.
Don't think there is much more to gain with this 32gigabyte memory setup, memtest stable to atleast 100 on all cores as i didn't have the patience to run any longer.
Happy overall with this setup :)08.02.2020 done settings.png

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
New Matisse-only BIOS for my board released a few days ago... don't think I'll touch it though.

"Update AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.4 Patch B"

...anyone flash a similar BIOS and notice anything notable?

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
New Matisse-only BIOS for my board released a few days ago... don't think I'll touch it though.

AGESA 1004B has been out since November. All 3 of my AM4 boards (X470, B450) have been flashed to UEFI versions with that AGESA. No issues to report here, though some did note some (negative?) changes with PBO behavior, which is irrelevant to me as I disabled PBO on all my setups.

Reactions: VirtualLarry

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001

It's fine, unless you are looking to overclock your cpu - in which case it sucks (except for 3950x).

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Also, keep the usb power on. Otherwise the mb won't get your keystrokes

I've never changed the default bios settings for usb devices. Anyway, it was working fine. I changed some fan profiles in the bios and poof. Weird shit. I hope MSI comes out with a new bios before Zen 3 (and AMD improves on AGESA 1004B). I'd go back to 1003ABB, but there have been several other fixes added to the bios since then.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I've never changed the default bios settings for usb devices. Anyway, it was working fine. I changed some fan profiles in the bios and poof. Weird shit. I hope MSI comes out with a new bios before Zen 3 (and AMD improves on AGESA 1004B). I'd go back to 1003ABB, but there have been several other fixes added to the bios since then.

I guess I should count my blessings that my sound issue went away on its own. And I have not experimented :p

Reactions: Ajay

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I guess I should count my blessings that my sound issue went away on its own. And I have not experimented :p
Being a tinkerer certainly has its downside. Congrats on your ‘magical' sound fix :D

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Ugh, same problem - booting straight to Windows. I did not touch a thing. Not the bios, no settings in Winders. Getting a bit annoyed.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Being a tinkerer certainly has its downside. Congrats on your ‘magical' sound fix :D

I still can't figure out what can possibly cause this. It was working for three days, then stopped working for 2 weeks or so then it started working again...

tracerbullet

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2001
I still can't figure out what can possibly cause this. It was working for three days, then stopped working for 2 weeks or so then it started working again...

Maybe a Windows update? I've had them break things in the past, perhaps once in a while they go the other way too?

tracerbullet

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2001
Optical audio cable? I have had them die over time as well. Probably from pushing the receiver too close to the wall and putting too sharp of a bend in it. Didn't show up as suddenly broken, but would seem to come and go at random.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Optical audio cable? I have had them die over time as well. Probably from pushing the receiver too close to the wall and putting too sharp of a bend in it. Didn't show up as suddenly broken, but would seem to come and go at random.

No, straight to headphone.