AMD Reward Problem?

Godlik3

Aug 30, 2013
I just bought my 7970 Dual-X a few days ago and its finally here :) so I set it up and test a few games and i already love it :) anyways, I used the Gold AMD Reward card and i gor: Hitman Absolution, Far-Cry 3 and Far-Cry 3 Blood Dragon. Hitman works but both Far-Cry;s wont work. Any suggestions? I seen this problem before.

Merged in a thread from PC Gaming.
-ViRGE

Last edited by a moderator:

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
I just bought my 7970 Dual-X a few days ago and its finally here :) so I set it up and test a few games and i already love it :) anyways, I used the Gold AMD Reward card and i gor: Hitman Absolution, Far-Cry 3 and Far-Cry 3 Blood Dragon. Hitman works but both Far-Cry;s wont work. Any suggestions? I seen this problem before.

You *did* set this up with uPlay, right? Far cry isn't a steam code. It is uplay, so you cannot use it within steam. Some folks don't realize this, but that could also be your issue.

If that doesn't work, you could always email them - there's a link on the promo page IIRC.

Godlik3

Aug 30, 2013
Do you think if I used one of those programs that let you access sites in the US edition will fix it?

Godlik3

Aug 30, 2013
I just bought my 7970 Dual-X a few days ago and its finally here so I set it up and test a few games and i already love it anyways, I used the Gold AMD Reward card and i gor: Hitman Absolution, Far-Cry 3 and Far-Cry 3 Blood Dragon. Hitman works but both Far-Cry;s wont work. Any suggestions? I seen this problem before.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
What do you mean, Far Cry 3 "won't work"? You need to be much more specific. Are you able to install both of them? What happens when you try to run them?

Or are you having trouble redeeming your AMD codes and inquiring about that?

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
If I remember correctly, the codes will not work if you try to use them on the regular Ubisoft Store. I remember having to go to a special Ubisoft store URL that would accept those codes.

NIGELG

Nov 4, 2009
How did you do it? I'm having trouble.
Get a VPN with a US address and register your game code on U play's official site .Once your code is accepted there is NO need to use the VPN to play fARCRY 3..

You can get free VPN's .

Phynaz

Lifer
Mar 13, 2006
1. You also have the same thread in the Video Cards forum.

2. It sounds like you are region locked. Nobody here can help you commit piracy.

Jaydip

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2010
We have an official AMD representative on this forum, you cam pm him and ask for clarifications.

drbrock

Golden Member
Feb 8, 2008
I am having the same problem through FarCry Blood Dragon. Far Cry 3 Bioshock and Tomb Raider worked fine. Did not know about the special URL. WIll try that when I get home. Too bad Wind waker comes out tomorrow.

Edit:Tried doing it from the link in the email and it worked.

Last edited:

DDRGamer

Jan 22, 2006
I'd also suggest contacting AMD, your board producer and maybe the retailer that sold it to you, to make sure they sold you a correct 'regional' SKU.

You paid for it, so they better damn well support your software. :p

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Had the same problem with FC3: Blood Dragon. Followed instructions in AMD's e-mail only for Uplay store to tell me my promo-code was invalid or some such thing. Good to see this isn't just isolated to me.

NIGELG

Nov 4, 2009
Had the same problem with FC3: Blood Dragon. Followed instructions in AMD's e-mail only for Uplay store to tell me my promo-code was invalid or some such thing. Good to see this isn't just isolated to me.

If you are not in a 'supported' Country IT WILL NOT WORK....

You can use a VPN to just validate/register the game.