Question AMD Rembrandt/Zen 3+ APU Speculation and Discussion

Page 75 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

izaic3

Nov 19, 2019
Alright, so we've had some leaks so far. I don't know if any of it's been confirmed yet, as it's pretty early, but here is what I've surmised so far (massive grain of salt of course):

If if turns out to have RDNA 2 and 12 CU, I could see iGPU performance potentially almost doubling over Cezanne.

If I've made any mistakes or gotten anything wrong, please let me know. I'd also love to hear more knowledgeable people weigh in on their expectations.

Last edited:

ahimsa42

Jul 16, 2016
it's almost Oct & consumer rembrandt availability is still horrendous. as poor as 6800U availability is now, i can't help but wonder how bad things will get if the tensions between china & thailand continue to escalate.

Reactions: RnR_au

LightningZ71

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2017
They are next to nonexistent in the market already, it won't really change much. Honestly, I wisk they would just sell more 6800H chips in iGPU only configurations in reasonably thin and light configurations.

Reactions: Thunder 57

RnR_au

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2021

scannall

Golden Member
Jan 1, 2012
Reactions: lightmanek

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
An interesting graph at WCCFTech, RMB should be in the same ballpark a s the 5800U.

s2GGzh46kPpwrc2G.jpg

Reactions: lightmanek

ahimsa42

Jul 16, 2016
They are next to nonexistent in the market already, it won't really change much. Honestly, I wisk they would just sell more 6800H chips in iGPU only configurations in reasonably thin and light configurations.
at least there are a few decent H options out there-not so much for 6800U laptops.

ahimsa42

Jul 16, 2016
at least there are a few decent H options out there-not so much for 6800U laptops.

Bigos

Jun 2, 2019
An interesting graph at WCCFTech, RMB should be in the same ballpark a s the 5800U.

s2GGzh46kPpwrc2G.jpg

"At WCCFTech".

Please link the original source:

https://chipsandcheese.com/2022/09/15/how-quickly-do-cpus-change-clock-speeds/

Also note that the 5800U sample did not boost all the way to its advertised one-core turbo frequency. I only reached 3.7Ghz out of 4.4GHz. I would take the result with a grain of salt then.

LightningZ71

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2017
That's not a bad deal at all. For the price, you get a great platform for mobile gaming and decent docked performance as well. I only wish that Nvidia saw fit to release a clamshell 3050ti configuration with 8GB VRAM. It would make it more future-proof for the newer direct storage enabled titles.

Reactions: Tlh97 and ahimsa42

ahimsa42

Jul 16, 2016
That's not a bad deal at all. For the price, you get a great platform for mobile gaming and decent docked performance as well. I only wish that Nvidia saw fit to release a clamshell 3050ti configuration with 8GB VRAM. It would make it more future-proof for the newer direct storage enabled titles.
i was tempted but decided to hold out for a 6800U with no dgpu as the games i play don't need anything more than a 680M. according to the website the microcenter near me (westmont) has 5 in stock.

Kaluan

Jan 4, 2022
So based on the new AMD naming scheme, we can probably expect U and HS (don't think they'll do HX but who knows) refreshes of Rembrandt in 2023.

6800U -> 7730/7735U ?
6600U -> 7530/7535U ?
6900HS -> 7830/7835HS ?

w/ maybe a pinch higher clocks?

Reactions: RnR_au

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
I've seen some of those 45% NTSC displays on low end laptops used for gaming and it's not that bad. I wouldn't do any sort of digital media work on it, but, for a game, especially indoors, it's ok. Brightness is usually the biggest hurdle on these.

I disagree completely, those display are only about 60% sRGB which is the LOWEST standard.

I unknowingly bought a gaming laptop with a screen like this, blissfully ignorant that anything this bad existed.

I instantly hated it. It was bland puke. My games just looked ugly and wrong with extremely muted color. A little research and I found out the problem, and I returned the laptop for a refund.

I was shocked that they still built such horrible screens. Even my first cheap 17" TN LCD from Dell, I bought back in 2006 had well over 90% sRGB gamut and looked fine.

I still can't believe they make such low gamut garbage screens.

If your eyes color detectors work, avoid these low gamut screens like the plague.

Jul 27, 2020
Even my first cheap 17" TN LCD from Dell, I bought back in 2006 had well over 90% sRGB gamut and looked fine.
That's the most astonishing thing for me, too. My Thinkpad TN display and my 17-inch office TN monitor both display excellent colors, but when I look at newer Dell office displays and almost every office laptop display bought in the last few years, I instantly go, YUCK!

A laptop display cannot be easily swapped out by the typical user so they seriously need to put a big disclaimer on it saying that it is a crappy display and offer a better display option for $50. I hate having to dig through spec sheets to find out this information and some, like MSI, don't even bother to list this information even in their spec sheets, just mentioning 144 Hz IPS level display :mad:

LightningZ71

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2017
I concede that, for some, it does matter in their games. I admit that the game screens don't look as vibrant and vivid as they do on my nice 1440p monitors at work, but, of course, those monitors alone cost almost as much as this whole laptop does. That's the point. If you're shopping down in the bargain basement, you have a LOT of trade-offs in what you get. I'll take a substandard screen that's sufficient for mobile game play, watching a movie on a plane, or cracking out emails or scrolling websites in a coffee shop. I CAN and HAVE upgraded laptop screens before when the option was available, but, that's not as often as we would like. I tend to not play AAA games at maximum detail pushing as many frames as possible. I don't expect to do that on a low-end laptop either. What I'm looking for is something that doesn't break the bank, that can also push playable frame rates while mobile with passable battery life, but can push things up a bit when I have it docked at my desk with an actually decent monitor and lower room lighting.

Reactions: tamz_msc

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
I concede that, for some, it does matter in their games. I admit that the game screens don't look as vibrant and vivid as they do on my nice 1440p monitors at work, but, of course, those monitors alone cost almost as much as this whole laptop does. That's the point.

That's kind of a red herring, you don't need an expensive screen, to fix this. An ultra cheap (as in cheapest on the market) TN LCD from 2006 doesn't have this problems, and I've never seen any desktop monitor with this issue, no matter how cheap. Even my Android tablet has normal sRGB color.

I'm not some kind of Wide gamut zealot. I just want bog standard sRGB, which should be the baseline, as it has been for decades of even CRT usage.

If you're shopping down in the bargain basement, you have a LOT of trade-offs in what you get. I'll take a substandard screen that's sufficient for mobile game play, watching a movie on a plane, or cracking out emails or scrolling websites in a coffee shop.

IMO it sucked for anything that wasn't essentially monochrome. Movies looked bad. The web looked bad. The windows background image looked bad. It was basically ok to do office type work, but nothing else was acceptable.

. What I'm looking for is something that doesn't break the bank, that can also push playable frame rates while mobile with passable battery life, but can push things up a bit when I have it docked at my desk with an actually decent monitor and lower room lighting.

IMO, the saving over a comparable screen that has reasonably close to sRGB color is probably less than $5. If everyone just rejected these screens and they only made slightly better ones that did sRGB the cost increase would be negligible.

It starts with people rejecting awful screens. I sent mine back for a refund and told them why. If I ever consider buying a laptop again It will have to have a minimum of an sRGB screen, even if that's for a $200 Chromebook.

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
With the new AMD Mobile naming system the just announced 7520U is a Zen2 4C8T APU, a hypothetical 7350U would be a 4C8T Zen4 APU and most likely faster.