AMD Processors Technical Details?

meeshu

Jun 9, 2003
Trying to find detailed specifications on AMD processors (similar to Intel processor datasheets). But it seems detailed AMD processor specifications are not publicly available(?)

I'm particularly interested in finding details on what memory capacities and memory architectures are supported by processors' integrated memory controller, as well as maximum memory controller voltages.

Anyone know where such information is available?

Thanks.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
When I've googled for the part numbers of AMD processors in the past, I've had some amd.com site results with specs, though I don't remember how detailed they were.

-edit-

For example, I went with my usual supplier and picked up the part number of a 1700X:
https://www.cclonline.com/product/2...read-Socket-AM4-Processor-No-Cooler-/CPU0444/

"YD170XBCAEWOF"

When I googled for that alone I got a load of other site results, but when I googled for:

YD170XBCAEWOF site:amd.com

I got this as a result:
http://products.amd.com/en-us/search/CPU/AMD-Ryzen™/AMD-Ryzen™-7/AMD-Ryzen™-7-1700X/147

meeshu

Jun 9, 2003
Thanks for the comments, and for the links!

I've had a look at cpu-world. Although that site has a lot of technical details on CPU's, it doesn't indicate the maximum memory supported, nor the supported memory chip architecture (whether its x 4, or x 8, or x 16 memory data width), nor the maximum permissible memory controller voltage either, unfortunately.

Similarly, the CPU data sheets at Tech Docs don't have details on any of the three parameters (max. memory, memory chip architecture, max. IMC voltage) either!??

The AMD CPU product pages at AMD have even less data on their CPU's, as it seems to be more marketing oriented rather than technical oriented.

So it seems this detailed data is difficult to find for AMD CPU's!?

Any other ideas?

meeshu

Jun 9, 2003
For any AMD processor.

But as discussed above, I've already looked through the "Tech Docs" and so far haven't found the information I'm after.

meeshu

Jun 9, 2003
Still can't find the details I'm after (supported memory densities, supported memory data widths, maximum memory controller voltage, maximum memory capacity, maximum memory frequency).

This information seems to be very difficult to find.

Anyone (else) have any ideas, please??

formulav8

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2000
Still can't find the details I'm after (supported memory densities, supported memory data widths, maximum memory controller voltage, maximum memory capacity, maximum memory frequency).

This information seems to be very difficult to find.

Anyone (else) have any ideas, please??

Sorry buddy but AMD has nothing like Intel's Ark. There was someone on reddit starting a database but I'm not sure the depth of it. I usually look at the specs for the mobo I'm buying. But that's not completely accurate either. I know Ryzen can support well over 64 GB in general as is usually listed for current mobo's.

But it would possibly take their new workstation setup coming with possibly more ram slots or server boards most likely. Mainstream Ryzen in general supports DDR4 ECC & Non-ecc DDR4 depending on the board you get. Their server imc's will definitely support ecc registered DDR4 dimms and well over 64GB.