AMD problems with past 2 gens.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 19, 2009
I firmly believe it is chipset related because I never had the wake from sleep bug until I switched to X99. I also had the wake from sleep issue on the AM3+ and FM2 socket. Z68, Z77, Z87, and Z97 gave me 0 problems.

Maybe you're onto something because I've been using Z68, Z77 etc and a few people I know use H chipset with AMD cards and they had the black screen on sleep, which they had to disable sleep to fix.

Though it does not occur on R290/X/Hawaii, seems problem is fixed so it could be hardware conflict and not software.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
The problem is on our end we have seen this on sandy bridge E and on haswell. So its more than just that chipset although on our end a common theme is they are all Asus motherboards.

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
Then I wonder if it could be a BIOS powerstate conflict.

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
I did have the issue with my H61 (2nd rig below) with Windows 8, but not Windows 8.1.

SimianR

Mar 10, 2011
I was having this issue on a Z87 chipset but I found that MSI Afterburner seemed to be a big part of the problem. Even though I had all the clocks/voltages set to default, I kept having the black screen issue until I uninstalled it. Odd.

Also wondering if the PCI Express Link State Power Management under the power management options would have any impact on this issue.

Last edited: