AMD post big loss in Q1 2015 | New graphic cards coming in H2 2015

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RussianSensation

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2003
Counter argument? There's been plenty you just don't see it. Hardly surprising considering that according to you, all of AMD's woes are attributed to every company that competes with them. Oh, and everyone who doesn't buy their products too.

No such thing has ever been stated by me. You continue to put words in my mouth and pick and choose statements. I don't have time to reply to every single made-up post about what I didn't say. It's also obvious you haven't followed my posts over the years. So, I won't even bother explaining.

2is

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2012
If I'm making things up, feel free to quote one of your own posts from this thread where you faulted AMD for their current situation.

HurleyBird

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2003
If I'm making things up, feel free to quote one of your own posts from this thread where you faulted AMD for their current situation.

That's a fallacious argument. You can't say that because someone hasn't made a certain statement that they therefore believe the opposite. Even if true (although I seriously doubt it is, assuming you remove the asinine condition of the post needing to be from this thread) RS not posting an instance where he saw AMD at fault in no way proves that he thinks all fault lies at the feet of others.

Last edited:

xthetenth

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2014
Sooooo In addition to blaming everything and everyone who doesn't buy AMD, now we have someone threatening to pack up his toys and go home if people keep buying nVidia.

I'd thank you to actually read posts that you reply to. I'm absolutely sick and tired of being in a market where people make excuses for anticompetitive prices and outright explicitly mention that the results of those practices are part of why they buy one brand over the other, that is they are explicitly rewarding practices that harm the market. I have very little interest in remaining a part of the video card market those people seem to want.

Frankly I doubt a few hundred bucks every few years will make much of a difference, it probably wouldn't cover a mid-range card by that point.

In case it wasn't obvious, I don't actually have a problem with people picking nv, even when it's against their own best interest, but I do have a problem with people explicitly rewarding something designed to harm the market and damage the value of products other people own.

Reactions: Grazick