AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE 3.9GHz (OCed)

jaylim0512

Apr 7, 2011
So, I got it to overclock at 3.9 ghz and run at 48-49C. I tested it with prime 95 and intelburn test.

I am very new to overclockin and I was wondering if someone could help me reach the 4.0-4.2 ghz range.

Here are my current settings:

2011-04-14000300.jpg

2011-04-14000403.jpg

What are settings should I be looking at?

And I have these sticks of ram:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231311

Should I overclock the ram also? and how? and to what clock speeds?

birthdaymonkey

Golden Member
Oct 4, 2010
I believe that the upper limit for the chip as far as CPU voltage goes is 1.5v. So the only thing you could try (safely) is upping your vcore a bit more and trying 4.0. I don't think >4.0 is common with Deneb unless you're watercooling.

~50 C is nice for that high clock speed and voltage. What are you using for a cooler?

Sometimes I'm tempted to replace my C2 940, which heats up like a ball of liquid hot magma above 3.4GHz, with a 955... but I'll probably just wait for 'dozer before upgrading my AMD system.

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
You have a awesome OC . 3900Mhz is close to max OC on that chip.

So you can up the voltage but it still wont be stable @ 4Ghz then you up it again and it crashes,,, Let me give you some advice, dont mess with this, leave it alone @ 3900 . Also taking the voltage to 1.5v is not advisable,,, 1.4v is very high itself,, thats no good your rig will blow up soon.

Before celebrating if you do reach 4Ghz or 4.2g run stability test, play a game and if it doesnt crash after 2 hours straight . that is a pretty stable OC... If you wanna raise voltage, let me say your playing with fire with that. Only under water can handle that. not HSF .... If you insist you have to be @ 4.2 then do what monkey said.. raise your voltage one step at time and run stability test for 2 hours. let us know

fourty03

Mar 7, 2010
Wow, thanks OP, I was going to ask the same question. I wanted to see if there was anymore potential from the 955. I have my stable @ 4.3ghz and just about everytime I try to go a little higher, I either BSOD or completely freeze.

I have a watercooled setup, and I would like to see my temps to hit near atleast 40c sometimes.. lol Im usually at 37c under load.

I've also read in various places that 1.5v is the max that should be put on this cpu.

I will make another thread instead of hijacking the OP's. Let us know how high you went and what is stable on your rig. BTW, nice o/c

screenshotoverclock.jpg

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
You have a awesome OC . 3900Mhz is close to max OC on that chip.

So you can up the voltage but it still wont be stable @ 4Ghz then you up it again and it crashes,,, Let me give you some advice, dont mess with this, leave it alone @ 3900 . Also taking the voltage to 1.5v is not advisable,,, 1.4v is very high itself,, thats no good your rig will blow up soon.

Before celebrating if you do reach 4Ghz or 4.2g run stability test, play a game and if it doesnt crash after 2 hours straight . that is a pretty stable OC... If you wanna raise voltage, let me say your playing with fire with that. Only under water can handle that. not HSF .... If you insist you have to be @ 4.2 then do what monkey said.. raise your voltage one step at time and run stability test for 2 hours. let us know
I agree.