AMD Phenom 9500 overclocks to 3000 mhz

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
I don't know about the Phenom in general, but that is a serious piece of software.

AcydRaine

Oct 13, 2007
I have a feeling that wasn't as high as it would go. That is just a little test drive showing off the program.

Gikaseixas

Platinum Member
Jul 1, 2004
(@ jonmcc33) let's not turn this into another "mine is bigger than yours" tread please.

My point is that so many people said that these would only overclock up to 2.6ghz max and going by this video they seem to reach 3ghz which is not bad at all.

in about 3 months i'm upgrading my system and if Intel offers me a better deal i'm getting a Yorkfield but if AMD comes out with something decent i might stay with them. The cpu on sig was a gift, i just spent $130 on newegg for the mobo so it's not a case of being a fanboy at all. I had a P3 and a P4 nortwood so relax.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Lol a marketing manager FOR AMD showing off a chip with upgraded cooling that is known to have an extreme TDP and has been delayed twice. On an unlocked 2.2ghz cpu, unknown voltage and temps (engineering sample, and definately cherry picked), it passes about 9 seconds of stability testing...

No spin there at all.

Ill take retail numbers over this garbage anyday.

Edit: I will say im very impressed with the application though, heres hoping they pave the way for this to happen on all platforms.

Phynaz

Lifer
Mar 13, 2006
You are assuming that the software was actually doing something.

I've personally given software demonstrations that didn't actually do anything, they were just buttons that showed the "functinality" of the software that didn't exist yet.

I'm not saying that is actually happening here, it's just something to consider. Just because a slider is moving it doesn't mean it's actually clocking the chip.

That said, this does look like a pretty cool app.

myocardia

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Acanthus
Lol a marketing manager FOR AMD showing off a chip with upgraded cooling that is known to have an extreme TDP and has been delayed twice. On an unlocked 2.2ghz cpu, unknown voltage and temps (engineering sample, and definately cherry picked), it passes about 9 seconds of stability testing...

No spin there at all.

Did you watch the same video I watched? Because I watched the entire video, and I saw the chip running @ 3.0 Ghz, and doing it with 1.525v of vcore.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: myocardia
Originally posted by: Acanthus

No spin there at all.

Did you watch the same video I watched? Because I watched the entire video, and I saw the chip running @ 3.0 Ghz, and doing it with 1.525v of vcore.

Like someone else said, there was nothing to verify everything was working at all.

"Given the launch frequencies, you can expect that Phenom isn't a tremendously overclockable chip.

While we were able to run our 2.4GHz chip at 3.0GHz, we couldn't get it stable. Even 2.8GHz wasn't entirely stable, but 2.6GHz was attainable for benchmarks."