AMD outlines its Gamers manifesto

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ronnn

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Interesting. Would be nice to see physics become a bigger part of the actual game play. The great majority of systems would have to support it or the developer would likely have too small a customer base.

Maybe computers are too small a base and new consoles would have to support it. All the new games seem to be "cross platform" in development, which appears to mean built for console and a couple of extra visuals for high end pc. I wish ati/nvidia/intel could get together to promote computer gaming without the need to dummy down.

MrK6

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2004
Interesting read. I think AMD is definitely stepping up its game as of late as far as developer relations and innovation. I remember being surprised but happy to see some AMD and ATI logos pop on the screen when I fired up STALKER: CoP for the first time. This has definitely been an area AMD/ATI was lacking in, but they really grabbed hold of the reigns and took control of DX11's market entry, and did a good job at that I think. I hope they continue and improve their efforts though, and don't snuff out like before.