Question AMD Link NOT working! Please help.

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
I am unable to connect from my smartphone using a QR Code or the pin. It keeps saying it couldn't connect.

I checked over my firewall and it's NOT blocking. I even tried disabling it completely and nothing changed. (I only have the windows firewall)

Checked the "allow remote connections" in Windows 10 and that's "on".

In AMD Link all respective settings are enabled.

This is driving me up the wall. Does anyone have any idea what else I can check to get this working?

SamMaster

Jun 26, 2010
You mentioned Windows firewall but did you check your router?

There is also the option to connect manually using your PC's IP address (I did that one because I have a static IP). Did you try that?

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
You mentioned Windows firewall but did you check your router?

There is also the option to connect manually using your PC's IP address (I did that one because I have a static IP). Did you try that?

Well as far as the router goes, I forwarded the ports AMD lists on their website and I tried the manual connection. Still, it says could not connect.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
First thing I would check is to see if your PC is receiving the connection at all using wireshark (this assumes a moderate amount of networking knowledge). As I am better the issue is in your router config, and that the request is never hitting your PC at all. Also, if you are not using statically assigned IPs, there is a decent chance your port forward may be pointing to another device, or nothing at all. You need to use a static IP for the device that is having ports forwarded to it.