AMD Kaveri A10-7850 $100 Effective Microcenter MB Bundle

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AtenRa

Lifer
Feb 2, 2009
So, are those the same die chips, but with fused off GPU cores and lower clocks?

Yes,
The A10-7850K its a full die product, having all 512 Radeon cores(8 Compute Cores).

A10-7700K is Multiplier unlocked (K) and only has 384 Radeon cores (6 Compute Cores)

A8-7600 is the same as 7700K but with Multiplier locked and 384 Radeon Cores.

atakall

Jan 18, 2010
Adding the bundles doesn't seem to provide any discount except in a few instances. Microcenter error in checkout it appears.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
The DVI port will not integrate audio into it, so I dont believe there is anyway to get audio through that port. Also the i5 3570k is more tempting at $205. Honestly, Kaveri is fun if you wanna do some light gaming but other than that its useless.

not sure if you're talking about this particular instance, but if you're making a blanket statement about DVI not being able to pass audio, you are wrong.

I have first hand experience with several video cards (from both AMD and nVidia) being able to pass audio with an adapter over DVI to HDMI (DVI to DVI wouldn't work AFAIK), the question here is whether or not the motherboard in question supports it

Ventanni

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2011
not sure if you're talking about this particular instance, but if you're making a blanket statement about DVI not being able to pass audio, you are wrong.

I have first hand experience with several video cards (from both AMD and nVidia) being able to pass audio with an adapter over DVI to HDMI (DVI to DVI wouldn't work AFAIK), the question here is whether or not the motherboard in question supports it

Definitely good to know. I really appreciate your insight on this one. I run an HTPC to my TV, but my TV only has HDMI inputs, so DVI doesn't do me too much good. Now that I know that a DVI-to-HDMI adapter should pass audio, this shouldn't be too much of an issue. According to other users on this forum though, Microcenter has more than just those motherboards listed to bundle with, so I should be able to choose appropriately.

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Both my nvidia and AMD cards DVI ports pass audio with a DVI to HDMI cable FYI. Actually I'm pretty sure the integrated video on my 2500K would do it if used it too.