Amd HD 6990 Photo's

Castiel

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2010
From what i can tell it looks like two 8 pin's

AMD APU processor platform today, published in the conference, AMD "accidentally" the latest, most (known) single-card dual-core graphics card-HD6990 out, "Dian" with me (show off) and, according to sources, this card Wang HD6990 is expected to be officially listed in the first quarter, but the cards have been exposed to under the current entity, I believe you should see it soon on the scene. (卡超長的XD) (Card extra long XD)

We are sure AMD dual-core in a single card design capabilities on the graphics card from AMD before 5970 will prove the technical R & D capability, but having said that, although the Fermi NVIDIA rivals the early architecture by AMD pressing play, but improved after GTX 580,570 are still full of good market response, and now is active in the recently introduced C / P value of super-high 560 to grab the mainstream market, then if AMD do not make a timely response, and then in the mainstream graphics card market There will be a hard fight.

20116304412119473263044.jpg

20114770212119473647702.jpg

OVerLoRDI

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
that is some serious epenis.

Still curious about the power consumption. If it is Cayman based I wonder how much they had to clock down to get it to fit in 300 watts. Either that or it will come horrible crippled by powertune, and you can crank it up and it will pull >300 watts and run well.

Gloomy

Golden Member
Oct 12, 2010
It looks heavy. I still love the square AMD reference shroud. Hate non-reference designs... they look less solid. It's not rear-exhaust is it?

badb0y

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2010
It looks heavy. I still love the square AMD reference shroud. Hate non-reference designs... they look less solid. It's not rear-exhaust is it?
It feels like a tank too, I feel like I can throw it at the wall and the wall may break but the card will still be solid.

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
Thats no moon... it's a space station!!!

I'm must admit that I'm almost tempted by this. However, I would also not mind dualing up my 6970 as well...

Dang it, I swore off dual cards years ago. Why oh why AMD do you tempt me?!!?!?

Destiny

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2010
Look at the size of that thing, it's massive.

If a robber runs into my house and tries to burglarize me, I will rip that card from my PC and use it as a weapon to scare him away! Looks like it can do some real damage to someone! D:

tincart

Apr 15, 2010
Sooner or later they'll just have to make the GPU casing as big as a computer case so you can fit all your other components inside of it.

calvin0416

Jan 3, 2011
Sooner or later they'll just have to make the GPU casing as big as a computer case so you can fit all your other components inside of it.

If we take away the space constraints think they can make GPU that are infinitely more powerful and low cost?

What if they make a motherboard/case that leaves a PCIE slot that can be slide in from outside the case? Then we can have GPU as big as we want and it'll be 'external' but still connected to the motherboard like a normal gpu.