AMD: Frame pacing driver set for July 31st release

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Wbat are people gonna argue about if these drivers work as intended?

Good to see a date was set at least.

I figure next gen consoles are taking away some members of the driver team(s) currently.

Last edited:

BallaTheFeared

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2010
Wbat are people gonna argue about if these drivefs work as intended?

I figure next gen consoles are taking away some members of the driver team(s) currently.

Same things they did before it was truly exposed.

I need this :(

Skurge

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2009
Guess I will have to deal with the horrible stuttering for 1 more month....

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Thats pretty awesome. This should boost people's confidence in going crossfire. What I can't understand is why Nvidia hasen't been blasting this out in the open as a marketing strategy...or did I just miss it?

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
No one would take something directly from Nvidia, and take it serious. On the other hand, several review sites have been using frame capture and FCAT to analyze it, and this has been made a big deal.

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
You mentioned frame pacing. Frame pacing is a multi-GPU concept, so I thought that was what you were referring to.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
Wbat are people gonna argue about if these drivefs work as intended?

well, let's just hope the performance with the drivers isn't sacrificed (at least not too much) with the fix

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Nice. I may just keep my 7970 after all, and buy another after this driver release, that is, if it works.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
This driver will also be the memory re-write?

Mighty good question. We haven't heard anything about that since January. It was the proposed solution to the single card microstutter issues found on the 7950. While they fixed it in specific games this particular aspect was found to be a general problem.

With no mention of it I am guessing its not in this one. Hopefully this driver will finally fix AMD's problem, but without the GC fix I wonder how competitive it will be.

Last edited:

hawtdawg

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2005
Thats pretty awesome. This should boost people's confidence in going crossfire. What I can't understand is why Nvidia hasen't been blasting this out in the open as a marketing strategy...or did I just miss it?

Nvidia knows it's going to get fixed, and I'm sure they don't want to end up with their foot in their mouth if AMD ends up doing a better job than Nvidia at minimizing frame latency.