AMD finally getting some better dev relations?

cbn

Lifer
Mar 27, 2009
From the link said:
With that in mind, AMD's Nigel Dessau kicked off what AMD calls the Gamer's Manifesto, basically that AMD will put gamers first. It has a few major points, drive innovation, industry standards, committing to PC gaming, continuing education, and developer support.

If Consoles become more PC-like, how will this affect AMD/ATI's market position?

Is there anything AMD/ATI can do to make Gaming PCs more attractive to the average consumer?

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2004
If Consoles become more PC-like, how will this affect AMD/ATI's market position?

Is there anything AMD/ATI can do to make Gaming PCs more attractive to the average consumer?

I think we're kinda dependent on the games market. WoW has gone a long ways for this.
Most other games people would rather play with a controller. FPS and RTS is about the only thing I want to play on PC, controller good for everything else. When I play a game on a console though I do miss my 60fps on my computer though :(

Kuzi

Sep 16, 2007
SA said:
Taylor was introduced by saying that Gas Powered Games added Eyefinity support to Supreme Commander II in less than a week. Chris shot back that it was far less than that, probably a few hours getting it up, and a day or three tweaking things like where menus went, and other minutia. He went on to show a video of a single 5870 running Supreme Commander II across three monitors.

So it only takes a few days to get Eyefinity support up and running.

brybir

Jun 18, 2009
So it only takes a few days to get Eyefinity support up and running.

Seems to be in certain games it is a minor tweak. Some other games are probably a bit more involved. Think a racing game vs a game like Supreme Commander where in Supreme Commander you are just stretching the field horizontally over more pixels and tweaking menu placement, vs a racing game where you are trying to an immersed effect of things that are not normally on the main screen.

I really hope that eyefinity takes off. I am about a year off buying a new rig and when the time comes I plan on a 3 monitor eyefinity setup. Hopefully by then I can pick up some decent priced displayport monitors and a good graphics card for about $800.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Turn around is Fair Play. This is AMD's chance to put Code in Games that uses Fermi to convert all Graphics into ASCII code Output. With a message on the screen, "You ASCII for it!"

It will be epic.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
This is nice to see. Rather than get all stuffy about the way Nvidia conducts business I've always felt a little put off by how distant ATI seemed to be in the dev relations department. You could throw a stone and hit half a dozen TWIMTBP titles, while a meteor'd miss any AMD branded games.