Info AMD finally acknowledges USB connectivity issues on 500 series motherboards.

tamz_msc

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2017
AMD is aware of reports that a small number of users are experiencing intermittent USB connectivity issues reported on 500 Series chipsets. We have been analyzing the root cause and at this time, we would like to request the community’s assistance with a small selection of additional hardware configurations. Over the next few days, some r/Amd users may be contacted directly by an AMD representative (u/AMDOfficial) via Reddit’s PM system with a request for more information.
This request may include detailed hardware configurations, steps to reproduce the issue, specific logs, and other system information pertinent to verifying our development efforts. We will provide an update when we have more details to share. Customers facing issues are always encouraged to raise an Online Service Request with AMD customer support; this enables us to find correlations and compare notes across support claims.

Reactions: VirtualLarry

Zoozuu

Oct 21, 2020
I wonder if it also has to do with some weird finicky usb speeds too.. I sometimes get limited to 6 to 7gb on my usb3.2 gen 2 port..anyone having shenanigans happen on usb? *shrug* I've also had some disconnects but not that many other than times I forget an leave a drive plugged in.

samboy

Aug 17, 2002
I didn't have this problem until last week when a USB 3.0 dual dock arrived (ASM1156 based). Fairly reproducible, when it powered on the logitech wireless KB dongle would disconnect and no KB. Quite annoying....

I've moved the KB dongle to the front case USB and this has solved the problem for now.
Hopefully an ASUS April x570 BIOS update will solve this problem down the road!

(Unless the USB 3.0 dock was somehow interfering with the KB dongle wireless signal; but this seems unlikely as 50% of the time it was happy to work with the USB 3.0 dock powered on)