AMD Catalyst Application Profiles 12.2 CAP 1 Up For Grabs

hclarkjr

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/crossfirex-app-profiles.aspx

Description:
This release of AMD Catalyst™ delivers support for the latest AMD CrossFireX™ profiles. A separate executable file ensures users have access to the latest set of profiles installed on their PC.

New profiles added to this release:
- Mass Effect 3: Improves CrossFire performance
- Path of Exile – Improves CrossFire performance
- Darkness 2 – Resolves flickering issues on single GPU configurations when Anti-Aliasing is forced on in the Catalyst Control Center
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – Resolves character texture corruption seen using single GPU configurations when Anti-Aliasing is forced on in the Catalyst Control Center
- Wargame: European Escalation(DirectX 9 version): Improves CrossFire performance
- Wargame: European Escalation(DirectX 11 version): Resolves flickering observed when running in CrossFire mode
- Mount Blade: Disables CrossFire to avoid corruption as the title has a capped Frame Rate
- L.A. Noire (DirectX 11 Version): Improves CrossFire performance, and resolves flickering seen in shadows

djnsmith7

Platinum Member
Apr 13, 2004
I'm wondering if this addition will make the 12.2 Pre-Certs a more viable option now...Folks have been saying they can't OC with the 12.2's...Would like to see confirmation that this CAP corrects the OC issues & any other addressed issues.

Update:

Trying out the 12.2 Pre-Certs w/ CAP 1 & I'm getting a lot of screen tearing & flickering during heavy battles in BF3 that was not present in the 8.92's...

Went back to the 8.92's & things are back to the way they were. At this point, I don't recommend the 12.2's, but of course, that's just my opinion...

Last edited:

arredondo

Sep 17, 2004
I still have 11.10. I guess I don't feel that much is improving enough to warrant an update.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Seems like AMD is really improving with crossfire profiles. That was a big issue last year. They even beat nvidia to multi GPU profiles for alan wake and kingdom of amalur.