AMD announces Never Settle Reloaded bundle

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Honestly, this is about the never settle bundle, so lets get back on topic.

All I see on these forums is that any time a positive thread about AMD comes out the usual suspects come in and thread crap. There is one person in particular who thread craps Nvidia threads also, but for the most part all the people that get accused of being pro AMD post perfectly on topic and respectfully in the Nvidia threads. Why can't they just return the favor and keep things on topic.

I can appreciate this. I personally like the bundle. I've been debating getting a 7950 for a while and this almost made me pull the trigger, but I'm waiting for a possible Haswell release in the next month or 2 and seeing what I'd have to spend.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
I can appreciate this. I personally like the bundle. I've been debating getting a 7950 for a while and this almost made me pull the trigger, but I'm waiting for a possible Haswell release in the next month or 2 and seeing what I'd have to spend.

I myself and really looking forward to what Haswell can get out of current GPU's. I would imagine it could increase minimum framerates over my i5 2500k which would make my 7970 last even longer.

Especially since the performance increases through drivers keep coming out.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
I myself and really looking forward to what Haswell can get out of current GPU's. I would imagine it could increase minimum framerates over my i5 2500k which would make my 7970 last even longer.

Especially since the performance increases through drivers keep coming out.

I'm on an I7 920 at base clocks (I could not get this thing to budge!) and it seems to perform perfectly fine, I'm more interested in getting in on SATA III (yeah, I know), USB 3.0 and while I'm at it, why not get that faster proc? :)

I actually have no gripes with my current card, but I just recently updated to a 2560x1440 monitor so the 3gb memory & 384bit bus seems like it would be a nice paired upgrade from my 1280mb limit & 256bit bus.

piesquared

Golden Member
Oct 16, 2006
You really believe they were hit piece articles?

If you could explain their defiance on testing any issues NVidia has (and of course making it a headline and bringing it to the attention of the community) with frame latency in games, i'd be interested in reading it.

[edit]

Instead of derailing this thread, i'll make a new one.

RussianSensation

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2003
Sigh. Try reading the first one, then the second one. I'll give you one more shot.

EDIT:

Maybe hypocrisy would be a better word.

Sorry, I should have been more clearer. There is no hypocrisy. "No one denied stutter" was me responding regarding HD7000's issues in my post. It was insinuated by certain members there that AMD users pretended as if stutter didn't exist, but they didn't. Just like many of us experienced stutter on older ATI/AMD/NV cards, we also notice them it current generation of cards. It's been a common theme for NV/AMD over the years. Buy the best card for the games you intend to play. There is more stutter for GTX680 in games like BF3 or Far Cry 3 against the HD7970 for instance. If you want to play BL2 or AC3, get a GTX680 instead. The sweeping generalizations made against stuttering of HD7000 series mysteriously weren't mentioned for Kepler cards in other games at TR, and also TR didn't raise up a storm regarding Fermi's stuttering in their own testing.

Interestingly enough, HD7970 and HD7970Ghz provided superior 99th percentile frame times to GTX680/GTX680 AMP! just last summer at TR but this was conveniently ignored and NV fans started to make up stories how AMD's HD7000 cards were broken all this time while staying numb on stuttering of cards like GTX470/480 or GTX670/680's stuttering in other titles such as Sleeping Dogs, BF3, etc. :rolleyes:

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
So newegg has shipped me the code they forgot to include with my 7950 TF3. Has anyone received one of these before ? How is it a single code for two different games from two different developers ?

Do you turn them in to AMD and then receive the actual game cd-keys or something ?

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
So newegg has shipped me the code they forgot to include with my 7950 TF3. Has anyone received one of these before ? How is it a single code for two different games from two different developers ?

Do you turn them in to AMD and then receive the actual game cd-keys or something ?

Yes.

http://www.amd.com/neversettlepromo

It gives you directions literally right on the card, doesn't it?

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
Possibly a dumb question but I have never gotten one of these cards with free games so...when you get these codes can you redownload the game ad infinitum like with steam or other digital services?

Also, can you give away the codes? If so, do you get separate codes per game?

notty22

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2010
Sometimes newegg insists you add the free coupons in your cart. it will add in at 0.00 , sometimes they remind you of some retail value.

I bought a digital camera for a Christmas gift, and it came with a free bundle. Case, memory card. I didn't add the bundle. I called and the rep told me what happened. But agreed to overnight the bundle anyway. That was my first purchase with them.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I haven't gotten it yet, they shipped it today. I was just going on the image for the SKU at the egg :) Thanks.

:) No problem. I didn't realize you hadn't received it yet, so I can understand why you'd have questions. But once you actually get it in the mail, it becomes obvious what you're supposed to do.

Possibly a dumb question but I have never gotten one of these cards with free games so...when you get these codes can you redownload the game ad infinitum like with steam or other digital services?

Yes to both questions. All of the games activate on your Steam account, except for Crysis 3 and Far Cry 3, which require Origin and uPlay, respectively.

No one's stopping you from selling the codes. Some people on AnandTech buy the graphics cards, and then sell the game codes for cheap on the "For Sale/Trade" forum. I remember some forum members selling Far Cry 3 codes for $25 or so.

kodeboswachter

Feb 11, 2013
I received the coupon with my 7950. I want to sell crysis 3 and bioshock, but in order to get the game keys, you need to fill out information on the amd site. Will this be a problem when I sell these keys? Does this information have to be same when you download the games?

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I received the coupon with my 7950. I want to sell crysis 3 and bioshock, but in order to get the game keys, you need to fill out information on the amd site. Will this be a problem when I sell these keys? Does this information have to be same when you download the games?

Nope, it won't be a problem. Fill out the form on AMD's website, and once you get your separate keys for each game, you're free to do whatever you want with them.

jiffylube1024

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002

You usually get key codes/download codes based on the game's service. Bioshock Infinite uses Steam so you get a regular, redeemable steam code for that one. Crysis uses EA's Origin service I believe.

I got Far Cry 3 with my SSD and that one uses uPlay.

For all of these services, you should be able to transfer them as long as you don't register the game key codes yourself. You still need to fill in your information for the bundle on the website in order to get the codes though.

Shephard

Nov 3, 2012
I liked the first bundle they released. Hitman, Far Cry 3, and Sleeping Dogs. Wish there was a video card sale when that was on.

I don't like Bioshock and the old Tomb raider games were terrible so there is no interest there. Crysis is awesome but only comes with 7900 series.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Does anyone have an idea when AMD will send the codes to download the games? On the day of the release?

No idea but I wouldn't worry. I received the same email after submitting my code stating that the game codes would be emailed closer to release.

KevinH

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2000
So to be clear, there is a physical coupon that you enter correct? I just did a pickup at NCIX US branch.

The girl who assisted swore up and down there is no coupon. I'm going to be PISSED if I don't get it.

Purchasing from them for what should have been a simple pick up has been the worse experience I've had with an internet vendor.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
So to be clear, there is a physical coupon that you enter correct? I just did a pickup at NCIX US branch.

The girl who assisted swore up and down there is no coupon. I'm going to be PISSED if I don't get it.

Purchasing from them for what should have been a simple pick up has been the worse experience I've had with an internet vendor.

Not every retailer is participating in free game bundle promotion. If there isn't an included coupon, you won't get the free games - i'd return the product if possible.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008

Yeah I would take it back. You get a physical coupon with a scratch off area covering over a code that you enter into AMD's website. After that at some point they will email you your game codes.

Still haven't gotten mine and Crysis 3 is out on Tuesday I think. Maybe they send them the day of.

KevinH

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2000
Not every retailer is participating in free game bundle promotion. If there isn't an included coupon, you won't get the free games - i'd return the product if possible.

Ncix IS offering the program.

Just for anyone curious about how NCIX is handling it, they are not giving physical coupons. The code ON the coupon like that found at Newegg (which I got with other promos) is instead just emailed to us. I got mine earlier this evening. I can use that code to enter for the specific Key's for the games I was to get.

Thanks guys!.

james1701

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2007
No one is showing the ultimate bundle for dual 7970's that I can find. I added to my newegg cart, and it was giving me two codes for Crysis 3 and Bioshock. Does anyone have a link to the ultimate bundle?

Last edited: