AMD, although I dislike their offerings ...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AlabamaCajun

Mar 11, 2005
Are all people on this board anti AMD intel chip lovers?
No, some such as Eye Smite speak truthfully about what is real here.
Amd may not have one the race on the fastest proc. but there are still in the game.
Not so long ago AMD was in the lead but I don't remeber being battered because I liked my Intel rig.
Do all the threads have to head down that dark hole of which chip is really better are can we focus on the new toys we all get.
Santa will be dropping off goodies in a few months, will some us get crossed of the list because we followed AMD, oh my.

For what it's worth we have a lot of new stuff on the horizon that should be cool.
Amd AND Nvidia chipsets that will make lest than expected Phenoms fun despite the erratas and bashing we take from the intel loving members.
NVidias and ATI have great new video cards that will rock our games and media so you can put them with you Phenom or Penryns.
Barcelonas are out for some us that want to get in some server action, Xeons are abound if you like that flavor.
Open source operating systems are available to run this new hardware and there's Vista for the masses.
You just need to find what you like and go for it. Its a pick and choose world so enjoy it while we have it.
So what will be under your tree this year :santa: