AMD 7750 Kuma Unlocking

Gigantopithecus

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 2004
Yes, the 7750 is potentially unlockable. According to some posts on other forums, ACC (unlocking feature) is supported with certain (the most recent) BIOSes on that Biostar board.

MentalIlness

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2009
Hmmm....So I may have to update the BIOS then ? This board is in my wife's PC. Has only had a few things updated since installed several years ago. But never the BIOS.

MentalIlness

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2009
I should also mention, within the current BIOS, there is no ACC options. It has ocing options though, just no ACC. So the most recent BIOS should add this ?

It does have the ACC on desktop though. Advanced Clock Calibration "I think it is called. It was downloaded and installed.

formulav8

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2000
What was wackey with a 7550 I had was I would turn acc on and such. But it wouldn't unlock. It would boot perfectly fine and everything. Then when I was ocing it the computer got the bluescreen plus reboot and when the computer restarted the cpu was unlocked to 4 cores with a clockspeed @ 1.6ghz (Stock is 2.5ghz, and oc was set to be 3ghz). But when you turned the computer off and back on it was dualcore again even though no settings were changed. ACC was still enabled and all that.

But anyways, I havn't seen the 7750/7850 cpu's have the core unlock problem that mine did. It either will or won't.