Info Amber Alerts Thread

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i turned all these alerts off. the geofence is the entire state, so we get inundated with crap from hundreds of miles away. guess what, the child taken by the non-custodial parent in laredo is already in mexico, don't bug me with this. but i'll totally be on the lookout for a gray toyota here in houston.

Reactions: Ken g6

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
i turned all these alerts off. the geofence is the entire state, so we get inundated with crap from hundreds of miles away. guess what, the child taken by the non-custodial parent in laredo is already in mexico, don't bug me with this. but i'll totally be on the lookout for a gray toyota here in houston.
Texas is the worst! They send more than any other state and send them for things hundreds of miles away. It's like the boy who cried wolf so it gets ignored.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Just an FYI, these were named after a little girl from the DFW area, was living there at the time, who was kidnapped and murdered and her killer has never been caught.

my daughter was around that same age so it kind of hit home for me.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009

I did the same, I wasn’t bombarded but it was always the same thing some young(ish) person missing from Lowell and I am thinking probably with their friends or got caught smoking something and is avoiding home.
I felt guilty turning them off but it happened enough that I would end up ignoring it anyways.