Amazon's Internet Satellite network: part of some evil master plan?

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
OK, so apparently Jeff Bezos wants to build his own satellite network to provide high speed Internet access to most of the planet:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/04/ama...oadband-internet-small-satellite-network.html

Sounds good in theory, but I can't help but think that this sounds like an evil world domination plan from a spy movie. I mean, it hits all of the key plot points:

Large corporation with some government regulation issues? Check.
Eccentric billionaire CEO has some possible anger issues due to recent unfortunate events in his life? Check.
A global network of satellites and a massive content distribution system, which may or may not have a secret doomsday program built into them? Check.
A secret lair buried in a giant volcanic island in the South Pacific? Not that we know of, yet...

Anyway, I thought that I'd post this theory for discussion here. I know that at least some of you guys love conspiracy theories. If I die in a sudden "car accident" a few days after posting this, though... Get worried. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: dawp

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I hope you've appointed someone to oversee CoolCoin after your unfortunate accident.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
For Amazon, the secret lair is likely in Antarctica. Got to keep those servers cooled and Antarctic is the one place on earth where Jeff's noggin won't stand out on satellite photos.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
Lol... Like the Samuel L. Jackson character in Kingsman. Lets give everyone free phones and trigger them to kill each other to wipe out the population and make the world sustainable. Funny thing is that's kind of how social media is just with out the physical fighting.. lol

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
SpaceX Starlink is already approved and in the works. I want to play online games from the middle of nowhere!

Reactions: esquared

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
SpaceX Starlink is already approved and in the works. I want to play online games from the middle of nowhere!

Ugh! I hate computer generated speech. Can’t listen. Freaking uncanny valley is too deep.

Nov 8, 2012
OK, so apparently Jeff Bezos wants to build his own satellite network to provide high speed Internet access to most of the planet:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/04/ama...oadband-internet-small-satellite-network.html

Sounds good in theory, but I can't help but think that this sounds like an evil world domination plan from a spy movie. I mean, it hits all of the key plot points:

Eccentric billionaire CEO has some possible anger issues due to recent unfortunate events in his life? Check.
A global network of satellites and a massive content distribution system, which may or may not have a secret doomsday program built into them? Check.
A secret lair buried until a giant volcanic island in the South Pacific? Not that we know of, yet...

Anyway, I thought that I'd post this theory for discussion here. I know that at least some of you guys love conspiracy theories. If I die in a sudden "car accident" a few days after posting this, though... Get worried. :)

How is this in ANYWAY different than Facebook?

It's the same game - You don't want to pay for these services - or in same cases maybe for rural areas or 3rd world countries are unable to...

So instead of paying for the product, you become the product as essentially a test guinea pig where all your moves are watched/evaluated.

How is this much different than someone that does testing trials for drug acceptance testing? It's the same concept to an extent.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
SpaceX is already doing it, they already have test Starlink satellites in orbits. And FAA approval

From november...2018

The company was granted approval on Friday by the US Federal Communications Committee (FCC) to send an extra 7518 satellites into space as part of the ambitious plan, on top of the 4400 already approved.

https://spectrum.ieee.org/aerospace...ion-for-satellite-internet-others-not-so-much

Yea this is Bezos copying another Musk move .. which is good imo cause competition

Reactions: JSt0rm and Thebobo

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Yea this is Bezos copying another Musk move .. which is good imo cause competition

That could be a good plot twist in my spy movie idea... Elon Musk's satellite constellation is really the "evil" satellite constellation with the death rays installed in them, while the Jeff Bezos constellation is actually a joint project with Space Force (because they're a thing now thanks to Trump, right?) to take down the evil satellites. Now they'll need to send in our hero (I'm voting for Matt Damon) to pilot the command ship to command the space drone army.... the plot practically writes itself!

Reactions: Ken g6

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

A secret lair buried until a giant volcanic island in the South Pacific? Not that we know of, yet...

Fear not, I'll avenge your death! The evil overlord and his mindless minions shall be slaughtered to a man.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
It's probably Bezos' plan to catch up and surpass SpaceX by shovelling Amazon money into Blue Origin. Which I won't be surprised if he's willing to take billions in losses given how Amazon operates.