Amazon Video App for Android Updated

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
I'm not sure when this occurred, because I don't see any mention of it anywhere. I was just messing around on my Nexus 9, decided to try installing it, it installed fine and works.

On it's original release, the amazon video app only worked on phones, and would refuse to install on a tablet.

You do still need to install the Amazon App from amazon (not the one in the play store) in order to install the video app, but at least it works on tablets now.

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
It looks like this was out today, as my Android-related newsfeed shown this morning.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
It was available last night, at least, but it may have just been released. The app page doesn't show an updated date. Google search seems to indicate that the latest version showed up on April 4th.

Latest Updates
What's new in version 2.0.45.1210
Bug fixes.
Now watch Amazon Instant Video on your Android phones and tablets. Android tablet customers can search and browse for videos on Amazon.com in their web browser and tap Watch Now to have the Prime Instant Video app begin playing the video.

Ravynmagi

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2007
I saw this mentioned on one of the Android news sites a day or two ago. Glad Amazon finally is allowing this. Though it's insane it took so long. :)