Amazon Valentines Day Sale: up to 75% off a bunch of titles

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I think I'm going to definitely have to get MW2, Borderlands, and Magicka then...

You should never assume that a game can simply be added to Steam as it's not always the case. If a game requires Steam (whether it's considered Steamworks or not), then it can be added regardless of where you buy it from. Magicka is an example of this, but I'm pretty certain that Borderlands is not. I've only ever purchased it on Steam though, so I can't be certain without looking it up.

There is actually a list that Valve has which states which game keys can be redeemed on Steam.

thespyder

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2006
Heh, that's why I said theoretically. I agree that there's not a whole lot my wife can do to make me happier than just being happy herself. If I want something I just buy it... if it's more than a few bucks, I ask her first. Makes it kind of hard to get gifts for me.

But hey, if you have a woman who does want to do things for her man on V-day, why discourage that? Theoretically, that's the whole point of feminism - equality!

And this Theoretical, woman would not exist in any universe I have inhabited. LOL. It's all about them (at least on V-Day).