Amazon needs to stop using crappy carriers.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

eplebnista

Lifer
Dec 3, 2001
I've noticed that a lot of my prime 2 day shipments are sent UPS ground and occasionally arrive in one day. I checked on my current prime order and it was sent FedEx, the first of my prime orders to do so.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I have never, never, never ever had a problem with amazon. Ever. Most all of my prime stuff gets here the next day.

It's just you and you're doing it wrong.

Rumpltzer

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2003
I noticed that they switched to Ontrac for me too (Los Angeles area), but I've seen no difference between this and UPS and I've never seen the person or truck that delivers the package.

Neither UPS or Ontrac knocks on the door. I hear a thud at my doorstep and the sound of a diesel truck speeding away, and I know my package has arrived.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
They use Ontrac sometimes here. I've never had an issue with it.

The times I DO have an issue is when they use Fedex. Its rare, but I swear every single time there's an issue. Fedex NEVER meets the 2-day prime shipping target either.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
The last three times UPS has shipped from Amazon, I get the item in 3 days instead of 2.. I prefer Ontrac since it's usually overnight or 2 days. Haven't had issues with Ontrac yet.

oogabooga

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2003
I'm actually really happy when the shipper is Ontrac for me, they've consistently gotten me my stuff next day as opposed to UPS/FEDEX which do it 2 day.

Orders on Tuesday come Wednesday, as opposed to on Thursday as prime shipping would lead me to expects.

From what I've noticed : When I do Overnight it's fed-ex, when I do standard it's usually UPS. But Sometimes it's ONTRAC - and the stuff will arrive next day even if I don't pay for overnight.

I don't have problems with any carrier. Fedex delivers around noon, UPS Delivers from 3-6 in the afternoon, but they hit the expected delivery date.

daw123

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2008
In England, they use Home Delivery Network Ltd. quite a lot.
http://www.hdnl.co.uk/

They are absolutely useless, but I guess Amazon get really good delivery rates with them. HDNL's customer service department is sh*t and you can never get past their automated telephone system to speak to a human.

It's also a pain in the arse for me because if I miss the delivery I have about a 60 mile round trip to go to their nearest depot to collect the package, which defeats the object of paying for p&p.

I asked the Amazon customer services person if I could pay extra to use someone else and she said that the extra p&p wouldn't guarantee that a different carrier would be used. This seems pretty stupid to me.

It seems that quite a few others do not like HDNL either:
http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews150787.html