Amazon Music Sound Settings...

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Amazon Music seems to apply a spatial ambiance to their music....any way to shut it of?? Very annoying at times...

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
"HD and Ultra HD playback is supported on the Amazon Music app for PC and Mac but not the Web Player. Actual experience depends on device and network."

Copy/pasted directly from the Amazon support page.... might help if your using the app to try playing from a browser.

Reactions: IGBT

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
"HD and Ultra HD playback is supported on the Amazon Music app for PC and Mac but not the Web Player. Actual experience depends on device and network."

Copy/pasted directly from the Amazon support page.... might help if your using the app to try playing from a browser.
Well, that would explain why I've never noticed it, I mostly use it on my phone.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
It IS supported if you use the Amazon music app to play stuff but not if you use Safari/Chrome/Firefox on a smartphone.
Hm, it's not clear to me if they offer it to people who aren't paying the extra fee for Amazon Music. I only stream the stuff you can get by having Prime.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Hm, it's not clear to me if they offer it to people who aren't paying the extra fee for Amazon Music. I only stream the stuff you can get by having Prime.

Same here .... I'm too lazy to go figure it out any further though sorry!

EDIT: In the same article it says:

"If you subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited, you can listen to 75 million songs in High Definition (HD) and millions of songs in Ultra High Definition (Ultra HD) for no extra charge."

So looks like your suspicions about a charge were correct although its not directly for that HD-360 crap.

Reactions: nakedfrog

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Perhaps what you are noticing is the difference between compressed and uncompressed music?

Kids these day-they grew up on mp3s.

Seriously though you may want to take a look at your music player settings. If there is any sort of "spatial ambiance" showing up it may be your music player/soundcard is imposing some sort of reverb.

Reactions: IGBT

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Perhaps what you are noticing is the difference between compressed and uncompressed music?

Kids these day-they grew up on mp3s.

Seriously though you may want to take a look at your music player settings. If there is any sort of "spatial ambiance" showing up it may be your music player/soundcard is imposing some sort of reverb.
I don't think he's a kid.

• Haha
Reactions: IGBT and Captante
Nov 20, 2009
Same here .... I'm too lazy to go figure it out any further though sorry!

EDIT: In the same article it says:

"If you subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited, you can listen to 75 million songs in High Definition (HD) and millions of songs in Ultra High Definition (Ultra HD) for no extra charge."

So looks like your suspicions about a charge were correct although its not directly for that HD-360 crap.
Wait, I'm a regular Amazon Prime customer. Do I get some sort of music playing service with that at no extra charge? Color me ignorant.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Wait, I'm a regular Amazon Prime customer. Do I get some sort of music playing service with that at no extra charge? Color me ignorant.

I rarely use it but Prime members get a "free" tier of Amazon music.

(the 3D stuff we were discussing is part of the app)

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Yes, you do. I'm not as down on it as these other posters, it's not as good as it was before they added the paid version, but I've found a lot of music I enjoy on it. Probably listen to at least 1-2 albums per month on it, if I had to guess. If you've bought music from Amazon, quite often it will be available to stream as well.