Amazon MAYhem sale (some steamable/origin)

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Carmen813

Diamond Member
May 18, 2007
Tail end of this sale seems to be hottest deals are. Tomb Raider today only for $19.99. Is this a true slickdeal? Is the game really that good? How amazing is her hair and do I have enuff grunt for TressFX? Conan is really tempting me. :colbert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCe8-1dbXZc

Game is, or was, on sale from greenmangaming.com for $13.60 after a 20% off voucher (it's on their blog). I only played the Intro so far but I like it. TressFX is neat but very demanding CPU wise.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Game is, or was, on sale from greenmangaming.com for $13.60 after a 20% off voucher (it's on their blog).

That deal is over.

Seems like a good price now at this $19.99. It's had very good reviews.

I've been wondering what deals I should take a look at in the Amazon sale while it's on, lot of titles to sort through.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Tail end of this sale seems to be hottest deals are. Tomb Raider today only for $19.99. Is this a true slickdeal? Is the game really that good? How amazing is her hair and do I have enuff grunt for TressFX? Conan is really tempting me. :colbert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCe8-1dbXZc

Tomb Raider was fantastic. My only complaint was the true lack of tombs to raid, instead of zone was a giant "tomb" so to speak. It was fun, the only downsides were the QTE's but they were all near the beginning (expect a few later on) and were annoying, but didn't deter from the game overall. It is nice to see how Lara became who she is from this experience.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Personally I think tomb-raider is a bit overrated. The problem I had was mostly with the maps which were mostly small and unoriginal. I think the graphics, story, voice acting and game-play were mostly ok (didn't like some of the qte - mostly the long ones where you fly and go down the river). Don't get me wrong it was fun to play; but when I reached the end I had no real desire to play any longer or play again. Most of the games I think are really good I come back to again and give another play to discover something new.