Amazon is currently sweating bullets.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
http://www.seattletimes.com/business/amazon/how-will-amazon-fare-in-a-trump-world/

Trump has vowed to crack down on Chinese goods coming into America. He has vowed to implement a 35% tariff tax on all imports. This impacts Amazon because much of their items sold are from China! And, the fact that they invested much of their money into a route to China is turning out to be a bad move. Suspossedly, Amazon invested millions in jets, and ships that do nothing but relay goods from China into America.

Trump doesn't like Amazon. Jeff Bezos doesn't like Trump. Look for Trump to go after Jeff.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2005
gonna have to get his family set straight
c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.png

oh yea, and his own shit
CNdHT1mUAAAdjGI.jpg

Reactions: Homerboy

R0H1T

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2013
If you think Trump, or anyone else for that matter, can stop the lust of Americans for (cheap) Chinese goods then clearly you've never seen campaign promises which aren't going to be fulfilled. The day when some/most of the citizens stop lusting for a $300 iPhone is the day you can hope America starts changing again, the real change comes after that. This goes for the rest of the world as well ;)

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Just another crazy bunch of lies he won't be able to deliver on, or if he does it will mean hell for people's lives who have to live under him. Yeah he'll cancel NAFTA, trade deals, 35% tariffs on Chinese goods..the corporations effected will immediately start building factories and setting up the infrastructure to produce those goods in the US, at a much higher production cost and they'll have it up and running in just a year or two and everyone will be working and it will be great again :D

Meanwhile Pa and Ma Trump supporter are at the local Walmart starting at mostly empty shelves or stuck with much less on their way out because everything is 35% more expensive and Trump is now the anti christ personified because they also don't have that factory job that was supposedly coming back.

Smoke and mirrors.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Meanwhile Pa and Ma Trump supporter are at the local Walmart starting at mostly empty shelves or only able to afford 35% less goods than they could before and Trump is now the anti christ personified because they also don't have that factory job that was supposedly coming back.
No, they'll blame it on the Democratic Party the same as the left blamed everything on the Republican Party. Have you been paying any attention at all to how the system functions?

A coloring book or two along with a safe space will get you through the next eight years just fine.

Feb 4, 2009
Home Depot & Lowes should sweat too add most clothing retailers too. Walmart to a certain extent, I don't like WalMart but I will say I do see some US made stuff in their stores now.

FrankRamiro

Sep 5, 2012
Just another crazy bunch of lies he won't be able to deliver on, or if he does it will mean hell for people's lives who have to live under him. Yeah he'll cancel NAFTA, trade deals, 35% tariffs on Chinese goods..the corporations effected will immediately start building factories and setting up the infrastructure to produce those goods in the US, at a much higher production cost and they'll have it up and running in just a year or two and everyone will be working and it will be great again :D

Meanwhile Pa and Ma Trump supporter are at the local Walmart starting at mostly empty shelves or stuck with much less on their way out because everything is 35% more expensive and Trump is now the anti christ personified because they also don't have that factory job that was supposedly coming back.

Smoke and mirrors.

Excuse me Sir, did not understand the whole theory of yours,but i could understand this?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote; Yeah he'll cancel NAFTA, trade deals, 35% tariffs on Chinese goods..the corporations effected will immediately start building factories and setting up the infrastructure to produce those goods in the US, at a much higher production cost and they'll have it up and running in just a year or two and everyone will be working and it will be great again :D
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\
Response; do you or anybody in his right mind think the above thinking is actually bad?
it's very doable and easy to do and all of the US people benefit,American people wouldn't mind to pay a little more for good quality products in place of cheap Chinese crap,not only that but factories opening and jobs created equals to better quality of living for all Americans,since the way things are only a few Corp. lords are benefiting and getting rich at the expenses of us.

gus6464

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2005
Excuse me Sir, did not understand the whole theory of yours,but i could understand this?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote; Yeah he'll cancel NAFTA, trade deals, 35% tariffs on Chinese goods..the corporations effected will immediately start building factories and setting up the infrastructure to produce those goods in the US, at a much higher production cost and they'll have it up and running in just a year or two and everyone will be working and it will be great again :D
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\
Response; do you or anybody in his right mind think the above thinking is actually bad?
it's very doable and easy to do and all of the US people benefit,American people wouldn't mind to pay a little more for good quality products in place of cheap Chinese crap,not only that but factories opening and jobs created equals to better quality of living for all Americans,since the way things are only a few Corp. lords are benefiting and getting rich at the expenses of us.

Yeah tell that to the people already scraping by who voted for him that now they have to pay more for the Walmart goods. They will feel so much better and do it because it's made in the USA. The delusion is yuuuuge.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
Stop saying that he won't be able to deliver because that will only comfort him into not delivering. I do hope many of the promises he has made will be fulfilled, and when they are not there will be time enough to react accordingly.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
If we made things here the goods would be more expensive but Americans would have more money in the economy and their pockets to pay for it.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
If we made things here the goods would be more expensive but Americans would have more money in the economy and their pockets to pay for it.

yeahhhhh. But no.
Do you work in the manufacturing industry? I don't.
So if we made things here and they are more expensive to purchase, what happens to my buying power?

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Treehuggers should be happy then. A study by the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences found that 12-24% of the sulfate contrentrations on the west coast come across the pacific from China. My god man... we can't have it both ways.