Amazon - Huge February PC games sale

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...rd_i=979455011

Enter "CAGROCKS" on your checkout page and save an additional 25% on your order. 1 use per customer.

Notable Deals:

Max Payne 3 - $11 after coupon (Steam)
Civ 5 - $5 after coupon (Steam) (the Mac version is cheaper, doesn't matter because it activates on Steam anyway)
Amnesia: The Dark Descent - $2.99
Hitman Absolution - $16 (Steam)

Too lazy to link to them, so search for them yourself. That's just a few; there are hundreds of games on sale.

Edit: Here's a list of games that activate on Steam http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/190o9x/amazon_full_list_of_steam_redeemable_games_and/

Last edited:

giantpandaman2

Oct 17, 2005
Can anyone confirm if Sleeping Dogs and Driver San Francisco are steam?

They are both on Steam. Sleeping dogs I'd recommend getting through Steam on a sale since half the game is DLC (game+DLC bundle is best buy). Unless, of course, the Amazon deal is a bundle too.

giantpandaman2

Oct 17, 2005
Sleeping Dogs activates on Steam. Driver: San Francisco does not (rather, it requires uPlay). Hope that helps.

Whoops, I misinterpreted the question. uPlay, eww. And I thought Origin was bad.

Am I the only one who has refused to buy any ubisoft PC games due to sheer hate of the DRM scheme? I'm even avoiding most EA games because Origin is so terrible.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Am I the only one who has refused to buy any ubisoft PC games due to sheer hate of the DRM scheme?

They don't require a constant internet connection for their games anymore, assuming that's what you're talking about.

I'm even avoiding most EA games because Origin is so terrible.

Why is Origin terrible? It's pretty much like Steam, except faster and more lightweight.

giantpandaman2

Oct 17, 2005
They don't require a constant internet connection for their games anymore, assuming that's what you're talking about.

Why is Origin terrible? It's pretty much like Steam, except faster and more lightweight.

Nice to hear that about uPlay. I may actually pick up AC1-3 now. Then again, maybe not.

Origin is terrible. Buggy. Can't get friend invites. Down fairly often. EA games take forever to log in (thinking ME3) because of all the EA DRM. If Origin is down you can't play a single player game. Steam isn't down nearly as often. Steam games you can play offline. Steam is easier to control (a lot more settings for how it operates). Etc. etc. Everyone, and I mean everyone, who has to use Origin on a regular basis to play ME:3 on multiplayer hates it.

Bill Brasky

Diamond Member
May 18, 2006
Solid. Just picked up max Payne 3 for 12 AT, which is funny because I was just checking prices on steam two days ago and it was 29.99. I thought , nah ill wait:) now I'm glad I did.

Soccerman06

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
Anyone go through all of the games and see if theres anything really worth picking up?

I should add, games worth getting for the usual steam addict.

Last edited:

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Anyone go through all of the games and see if theres anything really worth picking up?

I should add, games worth getting for the usual steam addict.

Mass Effect Trilogy for $18 (after coupon): http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-Tr...dp/B003O6EDSM/

Dark Souls for $11 (after coupon): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00917DBUE/

CoD: Black Ops II $30 (after coupon) (better than Steam's deal on it right now): http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Blac...1506994&sr=1-2

War of the Roses $3.74 (after coupon): http://www.amazon.com/War-Roses-Onli...dp/B008YIJCAO/

Binary Domain $3.74 (after coupon): http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007V6MQR6/

xSkyDrAx

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
mp3 and beyond good and evil for less than 15 bucks nice. picked up Xcom today too =D!

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Eh, if you just want the standard edition of a few, specific upcoming games, I don't know why you would go through a retailer. You can't forget that AMD is giving away Bioshock Infinite (Steam) along with either Crysis 3 (Origin) or Tomb Raider (Steam). There's also a huge pack that includes a few other games, but I don't see many of those available. I've seen a few coupons for Bioshock + Tomb Raider go for as little as $30, but they usually go for about $50+.

I ended up buying both sets of codes so I could get Crysis 3 and Tomb Raider. Heck, I will have an extra Bioshock key (Tomb Raider and Bioshock keys haven't been delivered yet)... and an Assassin's Creed 3 key from an old 660ti purchase. ;) ;)

The one thing that annoys me about Origin? The fact that the client pops up whenever I start a game. Stay down in your nice spot in the system tray, Origin! :|

mindcycle

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2008
I saw this earlier on CAG. I picked up Hitman for around $12. Pretty good deal considering the game is only a few months old, I just hope it's decent.

Last edited:

mindcycle

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2008

I got a Battlefield 3 code from a video card awhile back and it seems like every time I wanted to play Origin required an update that took 10 mins. When I wasn't waiting for that to happen I had to sit through another 10 mins to boot the damn game (no joke) while it did who knows what logging into origin and collecting some sort of worthless info. Suffice to say, I cracked the game, finished the single player mode, then uninstalled both the game and Origin vowing never again to install that bloatware on my machine.

Maybe it's not so bad in other games but the whole BF3 experience pretty much soured it for me.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Between Steam and GOG, I pretty much have everything I already want.
Shame, cuz Amazons stuff is DRM free but they also have a convenient little download manager.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
I reformated computer, Origin pretty much is the reason i did not reinstall BF3. AC3 uplay is just as bad, I never got AC3 to run properly, be it crashes, graphics issues, stuck gameplay, etc. Companies should use steam or just standalone products, stop trying to be different.

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
Thanks for posting!

I had a $5 Amazon credit towards digital game downloads. Combined with the extra coupon, I got Dark Souls: PTDE for $6!

Been waiting to pick it up, that's a can't-miss price if ever there was one.

Ashenor

Golden Member
May 9, 2012
Hmm new laptop will be here tomorrow. Never played any of the Civ games how is 3 and is it ok to jump in there?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
son of a bitch. i bought BLOPII yesterday due to the sale and now its cheaper on Amazon today.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Nice to hear that about uPlay. I may actually pick up AC1-3 now. Then again, maybe not.

Origin is terrible. Buggy. Can't get friend invites. Down fairly often. EA games take forever to log in (thinking ME3) because of all the EA DRM. If Origin is down you can't play a single player game. Steam isn't down nearly as often. Steam games you can play offline. Steam is easier to control (a lot more settings for how it operates). Etc. etc. Everyone, and I mean everyone, who has to use Origin on a regular basis to play ME:3 on multiplayer hates it.

Origin has NEVER been down for me in the last 1.5 years of use. I have had steam down a few times, but never origin. I actually wish Steam was more like origin in terms of using less resources.

I play ME:3 quite often and have not had any issues with origin. Only thing I dislike about multi-player is that the games are client hosted, rather than server hosted. But that has absolutely nothing to do with origin.