Amazon.com

UNKNOWNDUDE

Banned
Aug 14, 2000
I placed an order, then went back to check status it said processing and 5 minutes later order was gone from order status, no e-mail cancellation, just simply disapeard. Anyone experienced same thing before?

sirsolo

Aug 28, 2000
I have not personally experienced this, but I would not be surprised if they did that to you. We are talking amazon.com here...

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Me neither, ordered hundreds of $$ of stuff there...no problems. Give them a ring and make sure to ask for compensation because of their error. :)

ChrichtonsGirl

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2000
It's been happening a lot in the last few days. When I called Amazon, they said the orders were still there on their computers, but for some reason had been deleted from the customer account areas. If you're really worried, give them a call, but this has certainly happened to more than a few people lately.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I've had nothing but good experiences with Amazon. Of course I've only placed three or four orders, but still... I've always been impressed with their selection (I have yet to NOT find something I was looking for by ISBN), & so far their service has been great.

Viper GTS

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
<< solid act! >>

Heh, except they're bound to go bankrupt if they don't start turning in profits...

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Who cares if they go bankrupt. AFAIC right now they're a great place to buy the books I want.

Viper GTS

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
<< Who cares if they go bankrupt. AFAIC right now they're a great place to buy the books I want >>

Umm...because if they go bankrupt you won't be able to have them as a great place to buy the books you want? :confused::)