Amazon 4th of July Blowout sale

busydude

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2010
Save on popular game downloads to play over the extended Fourth of July weekend and beyond.
Not really sure when it ends, but few deals are really hard to miss.. that was the main reason for me to create a new thread.

Disclaimer: Not all the games on sale are listed below.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000701371

Action & Adventure

BF:BC2 $ 4.99
Crysis2 $35.96
Spore $7.49
ME2 $9.99
Amnesia $4.99
Rainbow 6: Vegas 2 $4.99
ArmA2: Combined Operations $24.99
AC2: Deluxe Edition: 13.99
Cryostasis $3.24
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 $4.99
Sniper: Ghost Warrior $6.99
HAWX $5.98
Saints Row 2: $5.99
CoH: Tales of Valor $4.99
Honefront $24.99
Fallout 4.99
Endwar $4.99
Street Fighter IV $14.99
STALKER: SoC $4.99
Fallout 2 $4.99
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time $4.99
Rainbow 6: Vegas $4.99
Call of Juarez $5.98
Far Cry $4.99

RPGs

DAO: Ultimate Edition $11.97
DA 2: $35.98
Sacred Gold $4.99
The First Templar $15.99
Heros of Might and Magic V $5.98
Dawn of Magic 2 $14.99

Simulation

The Sims 3 $19.99
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition $9.99
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill pack $9.99
18 Wheels of Steel: American long haul $2.49
HAWX 2: 20.98
B17 Flying fortress $7.49
Men of War $3.74

Strategy

C & C: Red Alert 3 $4.98
Shogun 2 $29.96
Total Annihilation $4.99
King's Bounty: Platinum Edition $8.74
RUSE $11.99
World in Conflict: Complete Edition $9.99
King's Bounty: GOTY $10.49
Splinter Cell Conviction: Deluxe Edition $12.49

Last edited:

Malladine

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Thanks for compiling this, looks like some good deals. Might jump on KB: Platinum or Shogun 2.

Anyone have Sacred GOLD?

mindcycle

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2008
Does anyone know if Splinter Cell Conviction contains/still contains the Ubishit "always on" DRM? I want to pick that one up, but won't if it still contains that garbage.

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
Does anyone know if Splinter Cell Conviction contains/still contains the Ubishit "always on" DRM? I want to pick that one up, but won't if it still contains that garbage.

It's not that intrusive; patch it if you want. (A quick search will find you the right patches.)

shurato

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2000
Thank you! I just picked up Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition. Been meaning to get to that one and for that price I couldn't resist. I've actually been getting most of my games from Amazon instead of Steam lately.

terry107

Dec 8, 2005
Thank you! I just picked up Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition. Been meaning to get to that one and for that price I couldn't resist. I've actually been getting most of my games from Amazon instead of Steam lately.

Are Amazon's downloads standalone files or do you need some sort of client?

Phynaz

Lifer
Mar 13, 2006
Wow, been wanting DAO too...Just don't want physical media anymore.

Edit: Oh it's a download. Hmmmm.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
King's Bounty the Legend was a lot of fun when I played through it and Armored Princess earlier this year.

DA:O is also a very good deal.

Homer Simpson

Oct 10, 1999
Are Amazon's downloads standalone files or do you need some sort of client?
ive bought two games from amazon digital download (including crysis2 two days ago, argh!). it uses a download client similar to their mp3 downloader. it downloads the files and folders for you but doesnt install it. you end up with a directory of files/folders that look like the contents of a dvd version. just run setup and off you go. the amazon game downloader thingy doesnt need to be running to play the game or anything.

MajorMullet

Jul 29, 2004
I bought DA:O and went ahead and registered it with Origin. I was hoping it would appear as a Steam sale but I don't think it will with the whole EA/Valve deal going on. None of the EA games are discounted at all during the summer sale.

Origin said the download was 30GB! Might want to be aware of that going in if you're on an ISP with a bandwidth cap.

CurseTheSky

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 2006
I hope this doesn't derail the thread, but... any extra DRM on these downloads, or just whatever came on the original disc?

mindcycle

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2008
It's not that intrusive; patch it if you want. (A quick search will find you the right patches.)

It may not prove intrusive if i'm lucky enough to never have an internet issue while playing. However, I refuse to support it any way it goes. And if you're referring to downloading a crack, no thanks. It's not that I couldn't do that, it's that i'm not willing to support Ubi if they are unwilling to get rid of something that didn't work in the first place and has massive potential to cause problems for paying customers..

Anyway.. Does anyone else know if there's an official patch that gets rid of the always on DRM on Splinter Cell : Conviction? I couldn't locate any info on the net so it seems unlikely, but i'm wondering if someone who owns the game and could confirm this for me. Thanks!

Last edited:

mindcycle

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2008
I hope this doesn't derail the thread, but... any extra DRM on these downloads, or just whatever came on the original disc?

It's pretty vague, but the answer to that is here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200205020

Sounds like DRM is whatever the original game came with. The DRM included on some games differ between physical and digital copies, so that may be worth checking into before you buy anything.

I'm trying to find out info on the DRM used in Splinter Cell : Conviction, as I posted about above. The description on the sales page is really vague:

HIGH SPEED INTERNET ACCESS AND CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO ACCESS THIS VIDEO GAME AND ONLINE FEATURES AND TO PLAY ONLINE.
http://www.amazon.com/Clancys-Splint...JGTQZA7251WXPZ

No specifics as to what that actually means, but that's pretty standard nowadays sadly.. I'm inclined to just say fuck it since finding out what you're actually buying proves almost impossible sometimes..

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Since you guys obviously haven't heard yet, Ubisoft removed their "always-on" DRM from ACII and SC: Conviction a long time ago. Granted, you still have to authenticate with the server when you first start up the game, but after that you can go offline and keep playing as long as you'd like. So it's not that bad.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Since you guys obviously haven't heard yet, Ubisoft removed their "always-on" DRM from ACII and SC: Conviction a long time ago. Granted, you still have to authenticate with the server when you first start up the game, but after that you can go offline and keep playing as long as you'd like. So it's not that bad.

Until they determine that you need to buy ACIII or SC-X, then they turn off those authentication servers. :p

4th of July has horrible timing for me this year though. Payday is on the 6th, and has nearly 30 hours of OT on it. Bah. :p

busydude

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2010

Thanks, I did know that.

As for the deals; I think I'll buy STALKER as I was interested in playing that. For $5 I think its is a pretty good buy.

mindcycle

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2008

Thanks for the info.

reallyscrued

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2004
BC2 for FIVE BUCKS? No one has an excuse to not have this game yet.

*****Needs to be in Hot Deals****

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Anyone have Sacred GOLD?

Yes, I bought Sacred years ago.

Sacred was taunted as a diablo killer when it was released. The game has a pretty impressive sized world, lots of weapons, horses your character can ride, lots of side quest,,,,,,.

One of the things that old rather quick was the voice acting. The characters saying the same thing over, and over, and over, and over,,,, got old.

If you like Diablo style games, I think Sacred gold is worth the $4.99. I paid something like $39 for it, and thought it was worth it for that price.

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
plenty of excuse, price just isn't one of them.

Unfortunately there is another reason to get BC2 - BF3 will have more in common with BC2 than BF2. I mean, sure, there will be 64 prone and jets back, but 3D spotting is back too. BC2 will provide excellent practice for shooting 3d spot triangles in preparation for BF3.