AMAZING chinese version of "Clocks" by COLDPLAY

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Not a big fan of the clarinet or bassoon or whatever that was. It was ok overall though.

KT

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
That blows away Coldplay's version. There's something about Middle Eastern, North African and Far Eastern instruments that really speaks to me.

Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Not a big fan of the clarinet or bassoon or whatever that was. It was ok overall though.

KT

How about neither.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
That blows away Coldplay's version. There's something about Middle Eastern, North African and Far Eastern instruments that really speaks to me.

KT

How about neither.

OK, then what was it smart guy? I have no idea.

KT

AmberClad

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Eh, people really should stop using Youtube for things that are primarily music. The sound quality is terrible and doesn't do music justice at all.

That said, it was still a pretty good listen though. Is this like the Chinese version of Bond, or something?

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: AmberClad
Eh, people really should stop using Youtube for things that are primarily music. The sound quality is terrible and doesn't do music justice at all.

That said, it was still a pretty good listen though. Is this like the Chinese version of Bond, or something?

It sounds ok IMO if you add that little bit at the end of the url http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXqSPJpuDBM&fmt=18

KT

AmberClad

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
It sounds ok IMO if you add that little bit at the end of the url http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXqSPJpuDBM&fmt=18
If I watch it in HQ, I have to deal with it buffering every few seconds the first time through :p.

Eh, I still prefer something like Imeem. Found it while I was looking for the CoD4 theme song, and it sounds decent and doesn't have buffering pauses except for once at the beginning.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
If I watch it in HQ, I have to deal with it buffering every few seconds the first time through :p.

Eh, I still prefer something like Imeem. Found it while I was looking for the CoD4 theme song, and it sounds decent and doesn't have buffering pauses except for once at the beginning.

Hmm, I don't have that issue. I'll check out that Imeem though, thanks!

KT

AmberClad

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Hmm, I don't have that issue. I'll check out that Imeem though, thanks!

KT
You'd think that living in the northern VA tech corridor, it'd be easier to get a decent Internet service around here (without paying out the ass for Verizon FIOS)...

Here's the CoD4 theme I mentioned (I'm kind of a fan of Harry Gregson Williams, including his work for the MGS series).

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
oh yeah, and if you aren't clicking the link to listen to the music, just mute the music and look at the beautiful womens.

ShockwaveVT

Dec 13, 2004
You'd think that living in the northern VA tech corridor, it'd be easier to get a decent Internet service around here (without paying out the ass for Verizon FIOS)...

sorry but I have to derail the thread for sec...

FIOS isn't all that expensive compared to the other broadband providers in NOVA... considering the reliability they are worth a small premium over cable.

FiOS 10/2 : $48/mo ($4.80 per Mbit down / $24 per Mbit up)
Cox 10/? : $44/mo ($4.40 per Mbit down / ?? per Mbit up)
Comcast 12/2* : $43/mo ($3.58 per Mbit down / $21.5 per mbit up)

* advertised as 15/3 with "Powerboost!"

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
Originally posted by: biggestmuff

KT

How about neither.

OK, then what was it smart guy? I have no idea.

KT

What's the timestamp of the offending instrument? When does it first come in?

0:25 are just flutes, then at 0:40 is a two-stringed, Chinese violin called an erhu. There are a few of them playing making a chorused sound. It has a very unique sound. Almost like a voice with lots of vibrato.