amalur, diablo, or skyrim

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rambusted

Feb 7, 2012
Well i couldnt decide so I bought D3 and had received skyrim as a gift. After a couple of hours with each I have formed a general opinion of both.

Diablo is fast, good looking, and fills the need for loot that wow has left me with. While I dont like the heavy drm component the mobile authenticator works well and I havent had any disconnects yet. I also really think the addition of an auction house may be worth the always on internet component. The game does feel pretty shallow though and very linear so far which i am not liking, but the fluid click fest and constant drops keep me entertained.

Skyrim so far (level 8) has been pretty damn good. Love the environment and free roaming sandbox nature of the game. The first dragon attack at whiterun was pretty thrilling really, not too mention the guy on the tower trying to arrest me in the midst of it for a 5 gold bounty lol. Skyrim and Diablo are not an apples to apples comparison really, but at this point skyrim has got it all over D3 comparing single player of course.

I think I will get amalur eventually just not going to give them 60$ for it when I am sure it will be discounted sooner rather than later.