Am I the only republican here voting for Obama?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Dari
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Uh yes, She is a Conservative, McCain is a conservative with moronic(liberal) tendencies. :D

She raised taxes 38% in her meth-producing little town.

She sent the town into debt.

She believes that the Earth was created 6000 years ago.

What part of her conservatism do you admire?

:laugh:

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: GTKeeper
While I understand your disappointment, I don't think your solution will help much to change things, it might even hurt. However, I, like you, have been quite frustrated with the party straying from Conservatism. I am not a McCain supporter and will have a tough time even voting for the top spot this fall(will vote for other things on the ballot) but I sure as hell am not going to vote for someone who is ideologically opposite me(Obama). It makes no sense for me to do so, it makes far more sense to just not vote for either of them. Hell, vote for Barr just out of spite - he has zero chance anyway but it would help send a message to the GOP. Voting for BHO doesn't send the GOP a message since they won't know if that vote was a Republican vote or not.

I think the most mobilizing factor for a party is when they lose a net of 2 votes, i.e get the independents to flop to the other side.

Its always been independents that decide the elections since the people that identify with each party ideologically such as yourself always vote for that party.

I think what we are seeing here is the loss of TRUE conservatives from the conservative party.

Both of my parents voted Bush the last 2 times around, as soon as they found out Palin believes that all her policies are God's choice and will and that she believes the earth was created 10,000 years ago they reluctantly decided to vote for Obama. If they vote Barr that doesn't guarantee that Palin the Looney is kept out of office. This is considering that McCain isn't the youngest guy out there either and the mere thought of Palin being a president of the US is just scary to them.

Uh.. but the OP isn't talking so-called "independents". So the only way for the GOP to know you want them to get back to Conservatism is by voting for someone where they can see the tally. By voting BHO, they won't see the tally and will just continue with the BS that drove us Conservatives from the R party.

When McCain announced his new girl to the world last week, weren't you excited as well?

I was in a car riding back from a job in Illinois and the guy I was riding with can verify my position when I found out he picked her. My exact words were - "atleast he didn't pick Huck, Mitt, or Rudy." I also stated in our conversation about the pick(6 hours in the car) that it'd probably help with Conservatives like me but that I will need some time to see if this changes my position on what I'm doing in November. So far, I'm not sure if this pick is enough to make me get over my dislikes about McCain.
Is she someone I can vote for - sure, but it doesn't mean that I'll take McCain just to vote for her.

So basically the answer to your question is - no. I will though defend her against the relentless and unhinged attacks by the obamabots and fringe leftists.

wow, so you're comfortable with her but not McCain? Now that's scary.

Uh yes, She is a Conservative, McCain is a conservative with moronic(liberal) tendencies. :D

She raised taxes 38% in her meth-producing little town. She sent the town into debt. She believes that the Earth was created 6000 years ago. What part of her conservatism do you admire?

You posted before my edit.

But shouldn't you who support BHO like her since she raised taxes? :p
Let's see, she looks to support a smaller and less corrupt gov't. That alone gives her a leg up on most of the rest of the politicians.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: JS80
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
Originally posted by: JS80
So you're basically saying EMBRYONIC stem cell+abortion+drug laws+buttsecks marriage is more important to you than unions, welfare, UHC, constitutional rights, national security and are willing to give up the latter, and not obtain the former?

:laugh:
Do you seriously believe at this point that Democrats would gut your Constitutional rights and the Republicans treat them as sacred treasure? That a vote for Obama is a vote for terrorism?

Wait, I remembered who I'm talking to, of course you do.

Sorry, govt listening to Iranian phone calls does not infringe on my constitutional right but banning guns does.

Oh FGS the democrats aren't going to ban guns. There are far too many of us who have them for it to ever be more than pillow talk. I would reckon if you made a poll you would see that there are a shitload of democrat gun owners posting here.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Let's see, she looks to support a smaller and less corrupt gov't. That alone gives her a leg up on most of the rest of the politicians.

Exactly why you voted for Bush. Please vote the opposite of what you believe to save the nation.

Druidx

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
funny to see the mock indignation over Palin's jab at Obama regarding his experience as a community organizer.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
It's funny how America is the #1 volunteer nation in the world and Caribou Barbie goes and insults community organizers. These people love their neighborhoods and for her to denigrate them won't stand.
Nice sexist remark.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
It's funny how America is the #1 volunteer nation in the world and Caribou Barbie goes and insults community organizers. These people love their neighborhoods and for her to denigrate them won't stand.
Nice sexist remark.

Caribou Barbie
Caribou Barbie
Caribou Barbie

If you can't stand the heat, get the fuck out of the kitchen.

Bird222

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2004

Let's see, she looks to support a smaller and less corrupt gov't.

I'll believe it when I see it. To paraphrase the Joker, the republican party needs an enema.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Nice sexist remark.

Caribou Barbie
Caribou Barbie
Caribou Barbie

Nice level headed response.

After months of watching liberals complain every time we use Obama's middle name we now see their true colors.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Nice sexist remark.

Caribou Barbie
Caribou Barbie
Caribou Barbie

Nice level headed response.

After months of watching liberals complain every time we use Obama's middle name we now see their true colors.

I was the same way in 2004 in supporting Bush. Why should I change?

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Because perhaps you would like to act like a mature adult who looks at the issues like a mature adult.

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
Maybe or maybe not here, but you are definitely not alone amongst republicans. I have numerous friends down here in Texas who have been lifelong republicans who are making the switch this year.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Because perhaps you would like to act like a mature adult who looks at the issues like a mature adult.

Why talk about the issue when the campaign adviser of your candidate said this was going to be about personalities? Besides, for people like me and you, this election has nothing to do with issues. If McCain had picked a bald eagle to be his running mate, you would be singing its praises. So let's do your campaign a favor and focus on Caribou Barbie .

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Caribou Barbie
:laugh: :thumbsup:

For a while, I thought you were just nuts, now I get it...you're working for Senator McCain in some crazy, reverse psych kind of way. Good job!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: RY62
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Caribou Barbie
:laugh: :thumbsup:

For a while, I thought you were just nuts, now I get it...you're working for Senator McCain in some crazy, reverse psych kind of way. Good job!

I heard she's a moose dresser.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
registered republican who voted 3rd party in the last two elections who will likely be voting for Obama