Am I the only person (besides my sister) that loves the taste of vinegar?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
i have never bothered trying to drink vinegar straight.

nor have i tried to drink it gay.

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
Wow, the majority consensus is no to drinking it straight from the bottle.

I do sop up the remainder of my salad dressing with a roll. Next time I'm feeling crazy, I'll take a shot of vinegar and see how it is.

edprush

Platinum Member
Sep 18, 2000
Yeah! There are a few other people that like vinegar!

As I read this thread my mouth starts to water just thinking of taking a swig.

Some of you should give it a try. I don't think it does any (much) harm...

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
I think my roomate does. He buys those 5 gallon jugs of wine from the supermarket (you know, the carlo rossi stuff...we call it "Cousin Carlo")...I think that's pretty much vinegar! :p

ATLien247

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
Let's see... I like vinegar, but not straight.

I've only had it straight once in my life, and that was when I was a lot younger (and more crazy, stupid, etc.). Some friends and I were playing "Quarters" one night. Keep in mind that this was before we all had been introduced to the wonders of alcohol. We were using household liquids, mainly of the edible variety, for the contents of the shot glass. Anyhow, I had the unfortunate opportunity of drinking a shot glass full of vinegar. BLECH! You could not even imagine the concoctions that were ingested that night! :disgust:

FrogDog

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
Yeah I love vinigar, and maybe drinking a little straight wouldn't be to bad, but any more than a 'little' would make me puke, it's just to strong...

atom

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
Depends on what kind of vinegar. If it is straight distilled vinegar I don't think I could drink that. But like others here have said, if I have a salad with vinagrette I always sop up the leftover dressing with a piece of bread.

And malt vinegar on fish and chips are the best. :)

Wangel

Banned
Mar 30, 2000
I use to like a bit of Malt Vinegar on my Fish and Chips, well, one day it spilt over to the french fries. I tried a few and it was good. I became more and more addicted to this malt vinegar. One day it spilt over to the cole slaw, and it wasn't bad. Now when going to a fish and chips restaurant, I pour malt vinegar on everything. I don't mean a few drops, I mean SOAKED in malt vinegar. I think its great! I don't think I could drink it plain though.

THELAIR

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
a friend of mines younger brother drinks it straight. The distilled kind.

throws in a raw egg too and mixes it up. Could be some sort of strange health drink maybe?
heh