Am I the only person (besides my sister) that loves the taste of vinegar?

edprush

Platinum Member
Sep 18, 2000
Am I the only person (besides my sister) that loves the taste of vinegar?

People often give me a hard time about it but I love to drink the stuff.

I have no addictions to anything (barring a girl that dumped me several years ago) but this vinegar adoration comes pretty close.

It is weird...I love the taste but it gives me a stomach ache if I drink too much too fast. It's kind of like people who like the taste of beer but don't like the hangover...they drink it anyway.

toothfairy

Apr 30, 2000
I like vinegar too, on my food, but there's no way I can drink that stuff.

You are pretty extreme buddy.

snow patrol

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2000
Yah, vinegar on Chips (fries) is very nice indeed. But I can't see myself downing a pint of vinegar after a hard days labour! ;)

CatWoman

May 27, 2000
I love red wine vinegar...UGH! I crave it! I make a pasta salad that has red wine vinegar, and I could drink the dressing!

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
I don't care for it much "straight" myself, but I've read apple cider vinegar is supposed to be quite good for you to take every day.

PCAddict

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 1999
My roomate always wants vinegar on french fries. I tried it and it's pretty disgusting as far as I am concerned.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
I love vinegar also. I used to drink it in small amounts when I was younger. I still drink the rest of the vinegar salad dressing in the bottm of the bowl after all the salad is gone, as long as I'm not in public, then I soak it p with a dinner roll.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
ack..that's pretty nasty. I never really liked vinegar at all...though a bit was ok on some fries.

Regine

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2000
I like the tomato salad my mom makes with vinegar. It's really simple: tomatoes, onions, pepper, salt, vinegar, oil, and maybe a little bit of parsley.
I also soak that up with some bread sometimes. :)

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Vinegar tastes good.

As for drinking it straight? I'll PM you the phone number of my therapist. ;)

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
Sometimes a sip of Apple Cider Vinegar is good, and it is VERY good in cooking... other than that tho, no good.