Am I the only one who thinks the Wii/PS3 twitch controllers will

krotchy

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
Both the PS3 and Wii controllers are going to have sensors in them that detect motion and allow you to control your character. Thinks like swinging a sword will actually require you to do a swinging motion with the controller..

Am I the only one who thinks that people are going to break these controllers fairly often. Think about your, your in a big boss battle in Twilight Princess. You swing the remote a litte, and then get more into it and more intense. Your swings get bigger and bigger as you start to lose the battle. Suddenly your standing up swinging it like a madman and you lose grip and throw it accrross the room. Poof it explodes.

Before when your guy isnt responding how you wanted you just started hitting the X button harder and hard. Now your guy doesnt respond and your arcing your arm further and further.

I pretty much guarantee someone will chuck their controllers at some point unintentionally.

Discuss.

chambersc

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005
Any console that requires me to use the controller in a manner tha mimicks my in-game motion isn't one that I will play nor buy.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Hopefully nintendo will stick to tradition and make the controllers like stone.

Ive thrown my controller across the room so many times over the years, and i think ive managed to break one... A super nintendo controller, threw it on the floor pretty hard and broke the R button :p

clickynext

Platinum Member
Dec 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Acanthus

Ive thrown my controller across the room so many times over the years, and i think ive managed to break one... A super nintendo controller, threw it on the floor pretty hard and broke the R button :p

Yeah, Nintendo controllers are great.

PS2 controllers are pretty fragile, I think. Almost all the people who own one have at least one of the shoulder buttons broken, and most of them have pretty worn out joysticks.

herkulease

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
I'm not worried about the Wii controllers breaking themselves.

rather what will break as of a result of them.

Noses? Lamps? some teeth.

It'll get crazy in a crowded room.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
The Wiimote has a strap, you won't be able to throw it if you're using it correctly.

SophalotJack

Banned
Jan 6, 2006
OP, you aren't a dev that has billions of $ backing your decision on how company's next console is going to act.

This why this thread is worthless.

Nintendo is gonna be a monster company in the coming years because they actually try to change console gaming from just "playin sticks dawg"...

it's about time the indistry tried out the 20 yr old technology in the mainstream.... I think they have it down pact... "dawg"

krotchy

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
Originally posted by: SophalotJack
OP, you aren't a dev that has billions of $ backing your decision on how company's next console is going to act.

Nintendo is gonna be a monster company in the coming years because they actually try to change console gaming from just "playin sticks dawg"...

it's about time the indistry tried out the 20 yr old technology in the mainstream.... I think they have it down pact... "dawg"

Dude, dont get me wrong, I want a Wii, and Im wicked excited for Twilight Princess and Meteroid Prime Corruption. However I know at some point im gonna break a controller cuz of the new controls :p

Why do you keep writing "dawg" ???

SophalotJack

Banned
Jan 6, 2006
Originally posted by: krotchy

Dude, dont get me wrong, I want a Wii, and Im wicked excited for Twilight Princess and Meteroid Prime Corruption. However I know at some point im gonna break a controller cuz of the new controls :p

Why do you keep writing "dawg" ???

I like writing "dawg" because only awesome people are "dawgs"... dawg.

And these "dawgs" make it cool to play anything .... regarldless if it sucks or not... "dawg"

All the "dawgs" out there is why th Wii is so cheap.... they will just "bro rape" the worthless PS3 into first while I enjoy real next-gen gaming on the Wii.

I am rootin for the "dawgs" to make PS23928392839 just as popular as PS2 while I sit back and enjoy the Wii and all it's un-noticesd awesomeness.

BUT to stay on your OP point.. I disagree with your prediction. Nintendo has never made a flop in the sense of reliability... just blow into the controller if it ever acts up and it''l be fine :)

krotchy

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
BUT to stay on your OP point.. I disagree with your prediction. Nintendo has never made a flop in the sense of reliability... just blow into the controller if it ever acts up and it''l be fine :)

I state no where that I think the Wii will flop, my post is simply about people breaking controllers. Also the PS3 has the twitch feedback as well in their new controllers, and I think both are equally vulnerable to accidental throwings. Im just saying theres a big chance people will accidently throw these controllers, and its fairly difficult to protect embedded electronics solder connections from breaking when you chuck them into a wall.

SophalotJack

Banned
Jan 6, 2006
dude, the Wii controllers havea strap for them... just like for when you're worried about dropping a camera.

They thought that one through with 400 yr old technology known as "the strap"

Plus, you're thinking the average person who knows how aweomse the Wii will be is a retard that willl fling the controller around like monky with poo...

Wii gamers.... EYE am predicting (emphasis on "I").... will be ahead of teh "lets play sticks, dawg" curve.

beemercer

Feb 10, 2006
Originally posted by: clickynext
Originally posted by: Acanthus

Yeah, Nintendo controllers are great.

PS2 controllers are pretty fragile, I think. Almost all the people who own one have at least one of the shoulder buttons broken, and most of them have pretty worn out joysticks.

PS2 controllers are indded fragile, but they are rather easy to fix.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
No.

PS3 controller is held with two hands and will not be used in nearly the same way as the Wii controller.

Wii controller has a wrist strap.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: chambersc
Any console that requires me to use the controller in a manner tha mimicks my in-game motion isn't one that I will play nor buy.

Thanks for the update! We all care about your purchase decisions.

But did you have any input on the topic of this thread?

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2005
I hate PS2 controllers. They break easy, and on one occasion I got shocked by one so badly that it actually blistered my index finger. All I did was hold the controller in my hand as I walked towards the PS2 to turn it off. Sony gave me a bunch of free stuff, including more controllers, after that.

But the new Wii controller? It'll never last in my house. I frequently have LOTS of houseguests, most of whom along with myself are considerably drunk. Asking a group of drunk gamers to go easy on ANY controller is a stretch, and I foresee Wii controllers being lobbed about my living room, out windows, at other people... it aint pretty.