Am I the only one who is horribly dreading returning to college?

Jittles

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2001
I hate it already. I didn't sleep at all on the plane because I'm so stressed. I don't think I'm going to make it this quarter I just feel incredibly homesick (and girlfriend-sick)

It's 130 here and I got up at about 10 AM saturday, caught my plane at midnight and just got back to my dorm about an hour ago. I'm beat.

I know somebody else must have felt like I do now, I mean, how do I cope with this? I have no reason to do anything right now, I am completely unmotivated to do anything but curl up in my bed and cry.

bonkers325

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
to escape the drudgeries of living with family? nope, i'm looking forward to returning to college ;)

ROTC1983

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2002
Yeah, I am looking forward to returning to college too...less time with the family...they are soo uptight right now...:(

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
yea poke smot that will help.

Luckily my classes dont start again till jan 22nd. and im lookin forward to gettin back its boaring as fuk here

Jittles

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2001
I guess my family is just too nice to me or something, maybe that's why I don't want to leave. I'll tell my parents to yell at me more often.

It's also kinda hard when I won't be able to go home for 6 months. Coming from Alaska makes it harder.

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Compared to doing what I was last semester (internship, making $13/hr, plus apartment was paid for), I'm dreading it. It's way too much work compared to the internship. At least that was over in 8 hours every day.

Apathetic

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Jittles
I hate it already. I didn't sleep at all on the plane because I'm so stressed. I don't think I'm going to make it this quarter I just feel incredibly homesick (and girlfriend-sick)

It's 130 here and I got up at about 10 AM saturday, caught my plane at midnight and just got back to my dorm about an hour ago. I'm beat.

I know somebody else must have felt like I do now, I mean, how do I cope with this? I have no reason to do anything right now, I am completely unmotivated to do anything but curl up in my bed and cry.

Other than being away from your girlfriend, what stresses you out? Is it your course load? If so, remember to schedule one easy class for each hard one you take. Try and take classes that you actually LIKE?

Does your girlfriend have email? AIM? How about your parents? Let your folks know you need some encouragement from time to time. Moms are GREAT for sending things like a box of home made cookies. Trust me that works wonders on morale.

Dave

SCSIfreek

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2000
you'll just have to suck it up boy. :D try to get a hold of yourself and start studying. also talk it over with your GF, it should smooth things out a bit.

--Scsi

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Easy solution: Get another girlfriend at school. So now you would have 2, one back home and one at school. You would look forward to being both places.

Jittles

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Apathetic
Originally posted by: Jittles

Other than being away from your girlfriend, what stresses you out? Is it your course load? If so, remember to schedule one easy class for each hard one you take. Try and take classes that you actually LIKE?

Does your girlfriend have email? AIM? How about your parents? Let your folks know you need some encouragement from time to time. Moms are GREAT for sending things like a box of home made cookies. Trust me that works wonders on morale.

Dave

Well I have a very full load. The only classes that I need that fit as a schedule are difficult classes except physics which will be super easy. I have 3 labs out of 4 classes. I was stressing and still am over every little thing possible. I was worrying about my desk being neat and my bed being made and how I had to shower in the shitty bathrooms.

It was really stupid for me to be stressing over all this and I think it will be fine once I'm done with this first week of classes and get drowned in homework because that will take my mind off of everything.

I talk to my girlfriend everyday on MSN and/or briefly on the phone (phone cards are awesome.) And my mom sent me here with cookies and sent cookies twice last quarter. My mom is good like that, I almost have her convinced to send something home-cooked like chicken enchiladas or something vaccuum sealed and packed in dry ice. (Her enchiladas are heaven)

Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
Easy solution: Get another girlfriend at school. So now you would have 2, one back home and one at school. You would look forward to being both places.

While that MIGHT work for some people, not for me. This girl is perfect. I figured that if it lasted long distance for one year, which it has so far and will, it was meant to be. I'm not saying it wasn't without its bumps, but this is the kind of girl the kind of guy like me will marry.

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: bonkers325
to escape the drudgeries of living with family? nope, i'm looking forward to returning to college ;)

ditto, but then again i live 50 miles from home... sooo i come back on the weekends :)

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
I get a nervous feeling thinking about it.... but atleast it's my last semester.... until I start grad school. :(

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Spoooon
I get a nervous feeling thinking about it.... but atleast it's my last semester.... until I start grad school. :(

When do you plan on getting out of your parent's house?

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: notfred
Originally posted by: Spoooon

When do you plan on getting out of your parent's house?

I've been out for the past 6 years. I'm going to owe so much money to uncle sam. :(