am i supposed to be able to see mod forums?

Page 50 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
we've tried telling them that before, but with the new management it usually just result in some infractions and/or banning and a locked thread.

For the short time that we actual had a useful PFI forum, it seemed like things were getting better. Obviously we can't have that.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
I've made numerous complaints in Mod Discussions and the answers I got were:

Sincerely hope other members dont have the same experience.

Just feel lucky that you got a response at all.

The problem with the moderator discussions is that they're private. We need a place for open discussion.

I feel like the lack of open discussion and the lack of transparency is the biggest problem that people have with the mods. I know it bothers me.

Exactly. The mods can't make everyone happy but at least they can let people see that they're treating members equally or even responding to valid concerns. The way it is now moderator discussions is a black hole with zero accountability to members from mods. It's like if judges only gave secret decisions in closed quarters all the time.

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
lets take this to a whole other level and bring back paid subscription, then create a mod bashing forum for subscribers... I hear it's very therapeutic :D

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
Can I raise a practical question at this point? Are we gonna do "Stonehenge" tomorrow?

(Jeeebus for elite)

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
lets take this to a whole other level and bring back paid subscription, then create a mod bashing forum for subscribers... I hear it's very therapeutic :D

When did paid subscriptions exist anyway. I signed up back in 2001 but was absent for quite a long time after posting here for about a year.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Tom? Is this Pizza's fabled name? Are you saying that we have been given a glimps of the unseeable, the unknowable? Oh I bow to you Yahweh.

LAST?

Last time I checked, my signature has my farm in it. My wife has my name on the farm's website. Just checked - yep, it's Tom.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Since she couldn't post it herself, here is Mosh's version of the events that led to her banning.

Yes she gave permission to post this here.

I just thought it was only fair that she get a chance to defend herself by proxy since she cannot do it in person.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
And now, for a pome..

The AT mod forum was breached
The mods expected the users beseeched
An olive branch was waved that could not be reached
Oh man I wish I was at the beach

a-thank you!

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Since she couldn't post it herself, here is Mosh's version of the events that led to her banning.

I just thought it was only fair that she get a chance to defend herself by proxy since she cannot do it in person.

THE PLOT THICKENS!
:hmm:

Also, I think I may have to join them.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Exactly. The mods can't make everyone happy but at least they can let people see that they're treating members equally or even responding to valid concerns. The way it is now moderator discussions is a black hole with zero accountability to members from mods. It's like if judges only gave secret decisions in closed quarters all the time.

That's a double edged sword. Doing things publicly can lead to unproductive posturing, where the involved parties are trying to save face instead of dealing with the issue at hand.

I dunno which is better, but either way requires both parties to be adults.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
THE PLOT THICKENS!
:hmm:

Also, I think I may have to join them.

well.. there's a bunch of people reading it now..

27 Guests are viewing this board.

Is shorty the last one to fall on his sword? Will shorty be a banninated?
Tune in...
Same Bat Time.
Same Bat Channel

Last edited:

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006

In its final hour, the thread rises again!

t

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001

Interesting, but I don't think any of the higher ups will respond to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.