Am I not supposed to have some kind of voter registration card?

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hey all,

I registered to vote (SHAME on me for not doing so in time for the last election.). Now, I am looking forward to casting my vote in this year's election, but am I not supposed to have gotten some kind of card or something? I have gotten nothing. --And the slip of paper I got when I registered got washed in a pair of pants. (just the pink duplicate of my application.) It has since been throw away. So, what up?

Ricky
DesignDawg

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
I know some counties in Georgia don't send out cards any more. If you don't know your polling place, you may need to call whatever office is in charge of voter registration to find out where you gotta go (local school/church/someplace).

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I already know where I am supposed to vote (fire station about 1/2 mile from my apt.). I'm just wondering if I need something else that hasn't been given me.

Ricky
DesignDawg

TAsunder

Oct 6, 2000
Take some proof of your identity and place of residence just in case. Photocopy of a lease, utility bill, etc.

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
DD,

Dont know about Mississippi but most places do require a registration card. Make sure you at least have a photo ID with you. Could check with your local Supervisor of Elections at Co. Courthouse also.

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
that's my problem too DD, i have registered like 3x now, cuz i have yet to get anything back - i got a notice saying we got your registration, we will process it and send you a card once, but nothing more...and everyone else that has registered here has a card....