Am I missing something or is Cramer just COMPLETELY avoiding his own bad advice tonight???

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
So I'm watching Cramer sitting in an aluminum boat bailing water into buckets w/ an orange life vest talking about REAL banks!!!

Wait a minute Jimbo. Can we go back & talk about that REAL bank you proposed as a hard stay last week???

WTF, you arrogant mother !$#@%!$#!!!!!! We can look at banks' #'s to find out how many banks have more money than leverage!!!

Buy Pepsi?? No sh1t Sherlock??

I want to reach thru the TV & b1tch slap this assclown!!

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
Actually, I didn't........(I'm sure some of my funds held shares, but no personal shares owned).

I just know that there are/were a lot of people who DID lose big on BS and I just can't believe that Cramer won't even man up to say that he blew chunks and WHY he did.

Or even just to say that he has no clue WHY he didn't heed the heat surrounding BS and at least let his listeners/viewers decide

P.S. Now all of a sudden, somebody like IBKR is a no-joy for the last caller. He can't recommend the stock tonight. Unlike BS last week.

(barf emoticon here)

Yes.........I simply hate the guy.

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004
Originally posted by: redgtxdi
Actually, I didn't........(I'm sure some of my funds held shares, but no personal shares owned).

I just know that there are/were a lot of people who DID lose big on BS and I just can't believe that Cramer won't even man up to say that he blew chunks and WHY he did.

Or even just to say that he has no clue WHY he didn't heed the heat surrounding BS and at least let his listeners/viewers decide

P.S. Now all of a sudden, somebody like IBKR is a no-joy for the last caller. He can't recommend the stock tonight. Unlike BS last week.

(barf emoticon here)

Yes.........I simply hate the guy.

He is a pundit, nothing more needs to be said. Pundits blow chunks all the time, it just so happens that this is an extreme case.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Well, ya, he's rather annoying and the only time I've ever seen him was when he was on Kudlow & Kramer. Didn't watch that show more than once or twice either, because I hated both those guys. You had the Speed addled Kramer on the one side, then the always calm "there's nothing wrong" Kudlow on the other side.

It was only a few months ago when Kramer had his meltdown on the Air where he pretty much called what's happening today.

All that said, any worthwhile Analyst without Illegal info would have given the same advice last week. This time it just turned out bad. In another thread someone mentioned Enron in relation to this, they are likely very close to the Truth.

Aug 23, 2000
This reminded me of the Dianne Sawyer interview this morning with some guy from the U.S. Treasury and she asked if we are in a recession and he wouldn't answer the question. I just thought it was funny listening to him try to weave his way around calling it a recession or even saying the word, recession.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: sandorski
Well, ya, he's rather annoying and the only time I've ever seen him was when he was on Kudlow & Kramer. Didn't watch that show more than once or twice either, because I hated both those guys. You had the Speed addled Kramer on the one side, then the always calm "there's nothing wrong" Kudlow on the other side.

It was only a few months ago when Kramer had his meltdown on the Air where he pretty much called what's happening today.

All that said, any worthwhile Analyst without Illegal info would have given the same advice last week. This time it just turned out bad. In another thread someone mentioned Enron in relation to this, they are likely very close to the Truth.

Kudlow is awesome. Cramer I can do without.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: sandorskiAll that said, any worthwhile Analyst without Illegal info would have given the same advice last week. This time it just turned out bad. In another thread someone mentioned Enron in relation to this, they are likely very close to the Truth.

I am not a stock analyst by trade, but I do have my CFA charter and I hang out with them, not to mention doing my own analysis on the side for investments. I, for one, would *never* have recommended Bear. It was obvious there was a run on the firm going on to anybody on the street and they were having problems with Carlyle and everthing else.

Cramer is a moron. His stock picks are terrible, his show is for braindead idiots, and I do believe that he only made his money by using and abusing the system.

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004
Originally posted by: LegendKiller
Originally posted by: sandorskiAll that said, any worthwhile Analyst without Illegal info would have given the same advice last week. This time it just turned out bad. In another thread someone mentioned Enron in relation to this, they are likely very close to the Truth.

Cramer is a moron. His stock picks are terrible, his show is for braindead idiots, and I do believe that he only made his money by using and abusing the system.

Wow, I can't believe it. I actually agreed with something you said.

It is true, Cramer admitted on camera to manipulating stock prices.

He also disparages ETFs and index funds, which are the best for the vast majority of investors. I personally could easily increase the after tax & fee returns of his listeners portfolios by an average of at least 5-8% in one episode (assuming they took my advice).

BansheeX

Sep 10, 2007
Originally posted by: sandorski
What he said last week was the right advice given what was known.

Huh? This guy is just an emotional speculator. You could win or lose when you gamble, what's the big surprise. If you want investment advice, go to someone with an actual long-term grasp of the situation and has been getting out of domestic equity for years. Returns abroad have been outperforming domestic stocks since the last collapse. High dividend paying companies, energy, precious metals, that's where the bull market is. Get out of the dollar already.

http://www.europac.net/Schiff-FBN-3-14-08_lg.asp

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I find Cramer to be probably the most balanced and rational investment advisor on TV-despite the fact that his show seems like Pee Wee's Playhouse. Probably the major point he makes, and makes repeatedly, is that you have to do your own research on a company and there is no short cut on this. Buying a stock on a partial comment he made is anathema.

I'm signed up for his free emails. Late last week he was advising against buying Bear Sterns common stock, that if you wanted to play the (then bailout) at all, buy Bear Sterns debt.

I'll still listen to him. If all you are hearing from his show is "buy XXX" "hold YYY" "sell ZZZ" then you might as well put your money on the roulette table.